1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is posting a survey okay.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by person54, Apr 2, 2013.

1. person54

For a class we are supposed to create a survey with our own questions as well as two scales that already exist. I was wondering if I could post a link to it somewhere on the site or if that was against the rules? I just don't want to go posting something I shouldn't and if any people who manage the site would like a link I think I could PM one if you ask for it.

It mainly asks about self esteem, opinions/attitudes towards gay people and transsexual women. None of the data will be used for publishing research, only for class purposes such as factor analysis in a statistical software program. I also can get no identitfying information (aside from demographic questions like race and country/state of origin).

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

We generally don't allow links to off-site surveys without a lot of specific information (an IRB approval from the university, detailed information on the survey, etc.) so the simple answer is that what you're seeking to do is probably not workable.

I apologize, but unfortunately, we have had such an influx of requests that we've had to establish some pretty clear boundaries both to keep EC from turning into a one-stop shop for finding LGBT people, and to maintain our security policies.

3. person54

Yep I thought that might be the case. Thanks Chip!