1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password option on homepages

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have been made aware of bugs in the password protection option on the homepage (gallery and blog) system which allows access without knowing the password.

To avoid further problems where people think their stuff is secure and find it isn't, I will be disabling the password option in the next couple of days. First though I will need to find out (by means of some database queries) which members have it enabled and PM them about the change so they can remove any sensitive content.

If you are using the password option please remove any sensitive content (you could put it in your hidden album) and turn off the password option. If you were planning to use it, please don't bother!

In the longer term it is likely that the whole homepage system will be replaced with something more reliable and better integrated into vBulletin, so we won't be spending any time trying to fix the bugs in the current one. I'll post about that when I know more.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Currently just two people have their homepages password protected. I have PMd them both this evening and already heard back from one of them. Once I hear back from the other one I will remove the homepage password security option.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That is now done