1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can´t link IDs? Public or private?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Samx, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Samx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I red in a thread by the moderators that you cant give your ID(facebook,myspace etc.) to a member. My question was, why? If I befriend somebody then I would probably want to be able to contact them somewhere else too.

Now they said that we can´t write it on walls or the forum or something where everybody can read it, that makes sense I guess. But what about a PM? If I send a Pm to a very close friend then that should be okay as long as it´s not public?

Well since they didn´t express the specifics clearly I just felt like I had to ask..:confused:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sharing offsite contact information is okay through private message. However, in order to send private messgaes to people who aren't staff, you need to be a Full Member. You can apply for Full Membership after having been a member for two weeks and made at least 50 posts.

EC has stricter security provisions than most sites. This system means that people with unsavoury intentions can't sign up and collect contact information straight away - the users who can send private messages and exchange contact information are people who have been around for a while, and who the staff have checked out and approved. We feel that this is a necessary precaution to take for a forum with a high percentage of young, vulnerable people.

3. Samx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, I understand. Thanks for the reply.

Well, It´s a good thing that the staff members are cautious and that you can join this site feeling safe.

4. BudderMC

And we're happy to have members that are conscientious of the rules and reasonings behind them. :slight_smile:

5. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Thanks for the information. This really helps in terms with knowing that people are watching our backs. (*hug*):grin::thumbsup: