1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting a picture

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Average Joe, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Average Joe

Hello,

I'd like to create a thread and post a picture as an attachment that would be visible to all EC members that are logged in, but not to people who are just browsing the forums unregistered/unlogged. I guess what I have to do is to upload that picture in one of my albums (public) and then put the link to it in the thread?

I know it probably depends on a forum's settings, because I remember that on different message boards I could see attachments either in full view (without having to log in) or just a thumbnail. On EC, would thumbnails still be visible to users that aren't logged in?

2. Night Rain

I *think* you just need to hit "Go Advanced" and attach the image.

Edit: Checked. Apparently I was correct. No thumbnail there.

#2 Night Rain, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't know offhand if thumbnails/attachments are visible to visitors, but if you don't want non-users to see your image, then yes, uploading it to a publicly visible album and posting a link to it in the thread is the way to go. Only members who are logged in can view albums.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Note that if it's a picture of yourself, it can't be posted on the forum. In that situation, you'd want to put it in an album and post the link.

5. Average Joe

Thanks, everyone.