1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Threads/Forums not being properly marked "Read" [Possible bug]

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Cotillion, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've noticed that threads don't appear to properly update as "read" for me, even after multiple viewings or even posting in them. Because of this, it's difficult to keep track of what I've read/haven't read, and attempting to view the newest post or whatever tends to not work at all, since it'll go indiscriminately to the beginning of the thread.

Also, a few times a day (I haven't been able to discern if it happens at a set time, or what exactly causes it), all forums/threads will be indiscriminately marked as read somehow, regardless of if they've actually been viewed or not.

Furthermore, attempting to force forums to be marked and read from the main forum page results in the following error:

Unfortunately, I lack the expertise in web development/security necessary to diagnose whether this is some sort of problem on my end, or if it's a problem with the EC forum software or server.

Is this an issue anyone else has had/is having, and if so, is there any known solution?

EDIT: Possibly relevant information: Running Firefox v20.0 as my browser on Ubuntu 12.10.

#1 Cotillion, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. Hexagon

I've noticed this for some weeks. You've given all the details, I have nothing else to add.

3. Exoskeleton

Yep. It's been that way for me, too.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never in my history of using the internet have I hated a particular error message so much. :bang:

Anyways, thankies for reporting this issue. I hadn't noticed it myself, but will have to look into it and see what's going on.

Has anybody got any estimations on the date that they can remember it last working for them? The more I can narrow down the date, the easier it will be to see if any work was done behind the scenes that may be the cause of the problems.