1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More profile fields

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by That1Guy, Apr 29, 2013.

1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was sort of surprised that there aren't more profile fields here (compared to many other VB forums, even ones not related to sexuality)

I think adding a few could be nice, it would make them a little more personal.

Suggestions:

Music
    Movies
    Occupation/Job
    What you look for in a relationship
    Religion
    Political philosophy

Just to name a few

2. BudderMC

Well, EC isn't a dating site. So most of those things you're describing are things you look for to find people of similar interest, which can often lead to dating-site mentality.

Of course, you can make those friends with those interests anyways, but it encourages people to post about those topics publicly (fostering discussion) rather than just hitting up people you think are interesting.

That's just my two cents/speculation on it, certainly not representative of the staff.

3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those were actually off a forum that I use that isn't a dating site either and isn't even related to sexual orientation or anything. It's just a way to make the profiles more personal and find friends with similar interests

4. Pain

Pain Guest

Honestly, I don't like the idea because I have a hard enough time filling out only the "About Me" section. If one feels like getting personal with someone else, they can talk.
    I feel like having more things to fill out would put pressure on the user to fill more things out, when they might not want to, to try to preserve anonymity if they so desire. I know I was afraid to fill ANYTHING out here before I was comfortable enough with myself.

But, that's just me.

5. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i wouldnt want it either... that way too much personal information about me to give out... and it seems like something to you put down on a dating website...

i like the fields as it is... basic and simple..