1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I make my account more secure?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Mej7, May 11, 2013.

1. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just by googling my first name (McKayllif), some threads/posts from this site come up, and anyone can read them! What do I do?!?:confused:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you'd like any posts to be edited so that your name isn't in them, let us know here. People can't view your profile without having an account, but Google does find posts on the site.

3. Convoy

Use an email account without your name in it, or connected to it (even if it's not displayed it can be picked up in registry's sometimes); don't double post things (like having the same info on a Facebook page and forum profile, posts).

Removing names and using substitutes will help remove them too, although Google may keep a cached version for a period of time that may still turn up in results. The sooner you change it the sooner it'll disappear and if it's really concerning you then contact Google/search engines yourself or see if you can have someone do that.

I recently had to petition Google to remove some information since a database accidentally got uploaded from a site it contained address-books that should not have been public.