1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can our signature be a picture of ourselves?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Hypnotico, May 31, 2013.

1. Hypnotico

Hypnotico Guest

Like the TOS state that we can't have pictures of ourselves in threads but that we can link to an album instead but what about the signature? Can it be a picture of ourselves? Because that would technically be posting our pictures in threads...

2. Jonathan

I think having yourself in your signature would be alright. I mean, your avatar is allowed to be a picture of yourself and that is technically in the thread as well. I would just say to make sure that the picture follows the other rules (i.e. not giving out any personal information). Otherwise, I think it would be okay.

3. Ridiculous

I've never quite understood the dichotomy between post content and avatar. Can you not see avatars when you aren't logged in or something?

4. Jonathan

Just logged out to check, and I could see all the avatars perfectly when I was not logged in.

5. Hypnotico

Hypnotico Guest

Thank you!

6. BudderMC

From what I can think of, the big issue is that posting pictures of yourself in threads that aren't linked from your albums leads to offsite contact. Avatars are either uploaded through the site or the image URL is posted, but either way there's no direct "method" of finding out where that picture came from.