1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you make a poll on a thread

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by freedom200, May 31, 2013.

1. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

I want to use one for a thread im going to make, i saw that other people did it and i want to n=know how to do it for myself.

help? thnx:slight_smile:

2. Fiddledeedee

Go to "new thread" and write up the first post as usual. Before you hit "submit", however, scroll down a bit and check the little box titled "post a poll". (It prompts you to say how many options the poll will have, but that number doesn't matter because you can change it later.) After submitting the thread as normal, you'll automatically be taken to a screen to set up the poll. It will give you options for the poll question, the number of options, the option names, and so on. Many boxes, but quite logical. Fill this in, save it, and voilà!

Because you go to the poll screen after setting up the thread, there will be a short time when there's a thread with no poll. This won't be an issue unless someone really on the ball wants to vote absolutely instantly. If so, they should just learn some patience. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don't spend longer than 15 minutes setting up the poll, because after that you won't be able to edit the opening post and therefore the poll won't get stapled to the thread. If you spend longer than that, or if something else goes wrong and you can't figure out how to fix it, flag the post [​IMG] and a moderator can come help you.

3. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

thnx, i got it :slight_smile:

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^^This^^

5. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

^^This^^:roflmao: