1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Sorry if EC has been a bit slow over the last 45 minutes or so. I have been making a backup of the database (so I have something current to work on the homepage system updates with) and it seems to lock the entire database while doing so.

That stage is done, so things should be OK again now. The next stage is a full download of gallery and attachment files etc, but that shouldn't have a noticeable effect.

2. Tim

Tim

Was wondering why it was taking so long to post XD Editing a post sucked o.o took like 2 min

3. Louise

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: I just put it down to my poor internet connection... living out in the sticks and all :lol: Thanks, at least now I know I don't have to throw my laptop out of the window in frustration!

4. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought it was Internet Explorer being pure evil and trying to freeze again. I now feel a little relieved.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I was replying to a thread in the Staff Room and it just sat there busy for about 5 minutes before finishing. Though that may have been because I was downloading the database in another browser tab at the time.

6. SamAlex728

yeah i was posting and it took forever. i hit refresh and it was posted twice i just did an edit due to "computer freaked."
    its been known to happen that my comp freaks out.
    oh well

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If I'm doing that again I'll post a warning in advance. I didn't realise it would hit performance that badly.

8. CrimsonThunder

Ahh, now that explains why I had 3 posts just sitting there for ages, like Louise I thought it was just my net going slow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.