1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSS feed down?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by joeyconnick, Apr 25, 2008.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the RSS feed for EC might be down... I haven't received anything since 1:30pm PDT yesterday. I assume that has something to do with the database issues that were happening, maybe?

2. Urman

Urman Guest

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmn... actually I think I may have made a mistake. I'm pretty sure it's working. Sorry about that!

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Give it another day or so then let us know, please Joey. I'm away tomorrow but back Sunday afternoon. If there still seems to be a problem I will take a look then.

I don't know how many people actually use it. I suspect not very many!

5. tehnathan

RSS is an open protocol for subscribing to web content. There is no registration involved.

Just take the forum you're interested in, you find its feed URL and you plug that into your favourite feed reader (Thunderbird, Google Reader, etc)

For example:

You can easily find the feed URL by clicking the blue RSS icon in the address bar (if you're using Firefox), or by clicking Tools, Feed Discovery (if you're using IE 7).

I'll leave a more in-depth tutorial to someone else (there may be one already).

#5 tehnathan, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: May 15, 2008