1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sam's Town

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tired_of_lying411, Jan 22, 2007.

1. tired_of_lying411

I just started listening to the Killer's new album, and it's seriously AMAZING.
    It brings out such emotion in me, and each song is different. Definitely a classic to keep on the iPod. It's one of those really great ones, in my opinion. I feel like I will be getting something out of this for years to come.

It's sad, happy, creepy, and just reflective.
    It seems that you are more exploring yourself and how you have gone through events in your life, and they simply provide a feeling to start with and a catchy beat.

Anyway.. what do you guys think???

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I never really liked the killers for some reason, creative differences i guess, but i can certainly appreciate their music, they're true artists....just not my type lol.

3. GuitarGirl1350

The Killers...I like some of their songs. Mr. Brightside is really the only one I listen to though. They're not a bad band, just not my style...

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea, turning crewsick lullabies, choking on your allibies...

4. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I swear to God, we are the same person. Sam's Town has to be one of my favorite albums. It's filled with so many different tones and emotions, but it all seems to connect and come together to form one magnificent piece.

A few of my favorites are "Bones," "This River is Wild," and "Why do I Keep Counting?"

It's interesting how all three of these songs have a rather happy and upbeat feel (at least in some places), but when you really listen to them, they're much more melancholy and have some lower undertones.

Also, for some reason, "Read My Mind" reminds me a lot of Metric's "Poster of a Girl" in places...I'm not entirely sure why, but it does.

5. tired_of_lying411

My current favorite from this album has to be "Bling (Confessions of a King)"
    It's just, the course in particular, so like "why won't this work? come on, we can make this work. prove me wrong. this won't work" yeah, I get all that from it. And to me, it's like those are all happening in the same person. Which is kind of my life right now.. A lot of self doubt and talking to myself. But it's not too depressing. It's just "matter of fact" enough, disconnected enough, that you can handle it for everyday consumption.

Bones is really amazing.. I just love the feel it has :slight_smile:

Although I must admit, I find "Poster of a Girl" be a little more spiteful than "Read My Mind"... However, I also enjoy "This River is Wild".

And the title track, "Sam's Town" is truly amazing. It's got that "Killers" flair that I just LOVE.

But I think I have worn this album out already. I think I need lighter music for right now... But I'm SURE "Sam's Town" will have a few comebacks with me as Snow Patrol and Metric do... I think they, in all, are my true faves.

6. Half-Light

I also love the Killers...I have many posters of the band on my walls. When You Were Young has to be one of my all time favortie songs from Sam's Town, and Mr. Brightside from Hot Fuss. Plus, I think Brandon Flowers is one of the hottest guys inthe world!!!!!!

I hope they come out withmany more albums in the future!