1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andy Murray Wins Wimbledon!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by clarkec1, Jul 7, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

It's about time too!

You've probably heard of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, but if you haven't, it is a tennis championship located in Wimbledon, London, in England. It is a grass courted event, and is hosted annually during the months June and July. It is just like the other events like the Australian, US, or French Open etc.

I don't know if the event is popular internationally, but it certainly is in the UK. Andy Murray is a Scottish player and competed against Novak Djokovic (Serbia)(He's really hot by the way!) on Centre Court (the main court) today. The game lasted just over three hours, and Murray won 3 sets to Love.

The reason why it is so special for Andy winning this year is because we have not had a British man win Wimbledon for exactly 77 years (I think). And everyone was so pleased with him and we can say that he really did us proud! Andy and Novak met when they were 11 years old and have been friends and professional tennis rivals up to now - when they are both 26 years of age with only a week separating their birthdays. Furthermore, Andy was (and still is) second in the world (making us British even more proud), and Novak was (and still is) first in the world. So the match was very very challenging for both competitors. It was extremely physically demanding, and pushed both of them to their limits, but in just the three sets it lasted, a winner arose. I think the suited man won!

So then. Did you see the match? What are your thoughts? Enjoyable, Nerve-racking? I'm sure that all who watched were on the edge of their seat; even if they didn't support either nation.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats to Andy. I'm a fan of Federer myself, but I'm glad to see Murray win. Didn't get to watch the match, but I heard it was a good one.

3. Olli

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was a great match, and Andy really deserved the win! I love tennis, and I've actually been to Wimbledon to watch quite a few times. I drank a little too much Pimm's today though... :wink:

4. robotman

YAY!!! I was so glad for him today... I love me some Andy Murray, I want him LOL.