1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idiot

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thesharkamander, Jul 7, 2013.

1. thesharkamander

Anyone else really like the Green Day album American Idiot? I mean, yeah, I really like their other albums too but this one's probably my favorite.
    When I'm singing along or just singing it wherever, I always change St. Jimmy/Jesus of Suburbia's gender (the basic "he" to "she", and also "Jimmy" to "Kimmy") but I leave Whatsername's gender alone. (So yeah, I've got a lot of work to do on Extraordinary Girl, a third-person song.) I'm kind of hoping someone might catch on. :icon_redf
    Anyway, what are your thoughts on American Idiot, and Green Day in general? :icon_bigg

2. lawRAWR

American Idiot is probably my favourite album of Green Day's and one of my favourite albums ever- it introduced me to punk rock for the first time ever in my life. Me and my brother would play that album so much, but also felt very rebellious singing the swear words :wink: (we were quite young).

I think I also love that album due to all the drama that is associated it- it's very operatic in a way that it has a theme running through the whole of it. That can also be said for 21st Century Breakdown, although I think American Idiot handled it better and smoother. I also have the guitar book for the album and so have learnt most of the songs from it :wink:

Green Day is probably my 2nd favourite band :grin:

3. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kerplunk & Dookie are top tier pop punk
    the rest i dont really care about

4. thesharkamander

Singing along with the album was actually what got me comfortable with swearing. :grin: Before then, swearing for me was pretty much limited to characters in stories I'd written.
    And I agree with you, I really liked that there was a theme through the whole album. :slight_smile: