1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with fashon and hair styels

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by djone12, Jul 8, 2013.

1. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    help i need peaple to give me fashon advice not my strong suit also more new and metro hair styil names and looks that i can learn how to styil my hair please i want to look better HELP ME

2. LD579

It's hard to suggest things when we don't even know what you look like or what kinds of looks you like. I'm not saying that you should post up photos, but maybe you could tell us a bit about what kinds of looks and clothes you like.

As a general rule of thumb, though, some colours look really bad together and mash and contrast in a really jarring way. Ex. Neon yellow and black, or baby pink and brown.

3. photoguy93

I think we need more detail.

But, at the end of the day, it's your style. I CANNOT STAND the new mismatched style, like when guys wear a yellow checkered shirt and a green striped tie. It's horrible. So by next year, we might be wearing neon green and pink together with a brown and black coat.

4. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    im a taller person 6'4 i do have to were glases that are brushed crome usuily wear kaki cargo shorts in all colers with amost evry coler polos but some times band tsherts my hair is dark brown with short sides and long bangs that natrely curve up so i just brush it strat and smooth very simple

5. LD579

That actually doesn't sound that bad. Walking watermelon with a detective coat? Sweetness with a touch of classy sophistication and aloof attitude? Ah, I love watermelon-flavoured candy... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

More detail about what you like would be helpful to us, though, djone12.

EDIT: Ah, er, let me see if I can make sense of this.

You're 6'4" and tall, you wear glasses that are chrome-coloured, you like khaki cargo shorts of any colour, and you like lots of coloured polos, and some band shirts. Is that right?

Huh, this is a lot harder over the internet. It's so much easier to try to help people with fashion in person... Not that I've done that much, mind you.

I'm fizzled out, ack. I apologize.

#5 LD579, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  6. flight

First of all, you're 6'4 and 13 y/o? Holy crap you're tall!

Okay my fashion is quite limited, it's like jeans and a sweater, but I think I dress better than some of the guys in my school.

Jeans are always a good way to go in my opinion. Dark wash (i.e. dark blue/navy or black) are the ones I like. Are you skinny? Sorry for the personal question, but I'm REALLY SKINNY so this advice might not work out for you, but i wear Levi's 514's or 511's. The 511's are like a skinny jean, straight cut hybrid which I really like. I cannot wear skinny jeans, they are so restrictive. The 511's are tight after washing but loosen up as you wear them. They're still tight but comfortable if that makes sense. I don't like carpenter jeans (the light baby blue ones), but that's a personal choice. Some people can pull it off.

Stay away from logo shirts. IDK WHY PEOPLE WEAR THEM. WE ARE NOT A WALKING BILLBOARD. *rant over*

Guys are not attractive in athletic clothes all of the time IMO. If you're wearing Nike running pants to class, I feel like it gives the appearance that you don't care.

The key is you don't want to look overdressed. Dress shirt, pants, tie, and black shoes is classy, but you're going to look out of place. Unless that's the look that you want, but I don't recommend it.

I suck with shirts, so I'm not going to leave my 2 cents. I agree with Luthan. It's hard for us to give you advice with no pictures. Sorry!

Happy shopping!

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hairstyles for preteen boys? In all honesty, it's hard to beat the classic Beiber. I think he's horrendous in all ways now, but a few years ago? He was freaking adorable.

[​IMG]

8. rjrh20

I am also 13, im not a guy but I do have a guys hair cut. It is shorter on the sides and longer on top. Every morning I just wake up take a shower and put some jell in. Its really easy and I like the style. With clothing I do wear levi jeans and rude jeans. The levis are way baggier, but I like them more because they are a bit more comfortable. The rude jeans are from hottopic and really skinny, but if you buy them a little big its not horrible. With shirts I usually just were some sort of plane shirt, any color and I usually were matching shoes. Hope this helps!!!

9. Robellious

Well, I'm fourteen and I have some pretty okay fashion advice.

I usually wear like denim jackets some black pants white shirt and some nice clean converse shoes.

I like to comb back my hair and give it a 'greaser' style, while in colder weather I like to put all my hair back and wear a beanie.

My greatest advice is to basically try to vision your 'future' self and how they would dress like (I.E. if you like indie, look up on how do dress like a indie person.) the point is, to look for many styles of clothing and try to cultivate it into your own personal style. and try to achieve it. (Hell, thats what I did and I'm liking my style)

Here's a website thats about fashion for men. I personally like to look at this site for some fashion ideas. (Well if you're into dressing like vintage)

Dress & Grooming | The Art of Manliness

I reccomend looking at the Outfitted & Equipped Posts!

#9 Robellious, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  10. srslywtf

remember it's not just about what you like, it's about what fits your bodytype/hairtype/character.

For hairstyles, find people with hair of the same consistency/etc of yours, then just pick a picture you like and take it to the hairstylist.. make sure youre going to a hair salon that does style stuff, not just a barber/basic hairdresser who cuts hair.

Some basic tips:
    - pick a theme. dont go crazy with heaps of different colours. pick 2 or maaaybe 3. you can use different shades of the same colour though... if it works.

- match shirt + shoes. I dont mean matching like 'they were a onesie that got cut in pieces' but say... if you wear a black shirt with yellow designs on it, don't wear green shoes with white highlights

Try to think of things in matching groups.. eg maybe worn/faded denim with a washed out faint pastelly colour.

11. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thanks i am alot taller than most peaple im not the skinyist person i do like wering jeans but mostly the worn faded but i only have 2 pairs because we cant wear them in school i do like kaki shorts but i dont have very lite colers i dont like them i have like maron darker shads of pink and green blue thanks for the advice

12. flight

Wait, woah that puts a huge kink in these plans. What can you wear to school? If school is 5 days a week and you're limited to certain things, then that plays a role.

Quick note on my comment about jeans. You don't need to be skinny around the waist. There is plenty of room for me. You do need to be a bit concerned about how skinny your legs are though.

13. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thanks in school i hae to wear kakis or the cargo vershon but in most colers and only green black pink white and gray polos that are tucked in with a lether black or brown belt no hoodes and no hats or large jackets and must be soled colers i know so strict dress code also my legs are bulky from football and marching band so on the days we are aloud to wear jeans i just wear them loose