1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J. K. Rowling secretly writes and publishes a crime novel under pen name

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Emberstone

it turns out that J.K. Rowling published a new book three months ago under a pen name, and the major news outlets have confirmed it.

it was published by the same publisher as The Casual Vacancy, with the same editor at the publisher, and the same agent, who became an agent to represent her after she left Christopher Little Agency.

The Cuckoo's Calling: Robert Galbraith: 9780316206846: Amazon.com: Books

JK Rowling unmasked as author of acclamed detective novel - Telegraph

BBC News - JK Rowling writes secret crime novel under false name

The Blair Partnership

got it on my kindle, but dont want to start reading it until i find out if my parents plane has taken off. going to read it in the car once I get to the airport to wait to pick them up.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started smiling reading the Telegraph article. It seems that The Cuckoo's Calling is off to a good start, and has received better overall reviews than The Casual Vacancy. The new book does sound intriguing.

3. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I don't know about you guys, but if I were a famous author I'd do this sometimes. That way I'd know if my books were popular because they were good, or if because I had one book that people liked. Kind of like in the movie "The Words" when Rawry's books become popular because people liked a book that he claimed to be his. Since they liked that one they wanted to read all of his other books.

4. Stripe101

Exactly. Plus, a follow-up novel/series after Harry Potter would never be as good. Harry Potter was just TOO good.

5. Leutheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL, not surprised. Steven King tried this with the pseudonym Richard Bachman - there was a passive aggressive obituary in the forward of one of his novels, I remember. Good times.

Exactly.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Think that was "The Dark Half". The book, I remember him saying somewhere, was inspired by the experience.

7. Emberstone

I bought it, but havent gotten more than a few pages, as I was driving with my grandmother to pick my parents up from he airport, and she is a talker. going to try to read more tommarow.

8. Gen

Gen

How dare she!! >:{

It is my right to know everything that woman writes so I can rightfully fan-girl over it!

Edit: Though in all seriousness I don't think anyone could really act surprised. The title itself is alliterated. ^_^

#8 Gen, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  9. Sayu

Wise from her! :slight_smile: I've already ordered it :slight_smile:

10. Emberstone

I am reading it. I am enjoying it, thought it is still weird to read J.K. Rowling talking about breasts and genitals.