1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Live Artists

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lawRAWR, Jul 14, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

I was just wondering what artists actually are good live, as it's easy to find many artists that sound good on albums but not live.

I stumbled across a video of Eurythmics (an 80s group) which I haven't listened to for a while, and got reminded of how amazing Annie Lennox's voice is- even better live.

Here's the video- it is amazing: Eurythmics: "Here Comes The Rain Again" LIVE 1987 - YouTube she also looks bloody amazing in it :icon_redf <3

2. wittyusername

Just saw John Mayer live, he was absolutely amazing! 30 seconds to Mars is also great live.

3. evora

Regina Spektor is amazing.:slight_smile:

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Robbie Williams is supposed to be brilliant on stage & can hold a crowd :slight_smile:
    Also 1D, but i'm biased Lol

5. AAASAS

Slightly Stoopid was the absolute best live band I have seen. and I have been to many concerts.

Gives me the chills
    [Youtube]lZYs835JdTI[/youtube]

First of all they sound BETTER live than recorded, the voices aren't modified, and they have literally a mini orchestra of people to perform. Most of their live performances are different than their recordings, and each performance is different from the last.

They have trumpets, trombones, djs, beat boxers, drummers, tamborine players, maraca players, jumbay players, accoustic players, classical guitar players, bass players all at once, and that shit gives me nightmares.

Kobotown is another band that I prefer to listen to live recordings of. They're Canadian as well, just amazing. Will never be popular here because it's calypso music from Trinidad and people are racist and think your skin colour dictates what you listen to. Love this song, about a paranoid guy that thinks everyone and everything is watching him.

[Youtube]v_DfoSqvaEs[/youtube]

This song is about Canada, love it, mentions Toronto, and is about our money obsessed society.

[Youtube]UtpDmmE8_-M[/youtube]

Procolharum's Conquistadors recording which was live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is the dirtiest live recording I have ever heard. A lot of Canadians don't know about this amazing Band that recorded IN CANADA, Most canadian artists defect to the U.S

[Youtube]_Fpa0XaIbXY[/youtube]

CCR is another band that I prefer live recordings of.

Calypso, Soca, Reggaeton, Reggae, Jazz and Latin music is always better live, don't know why but it is. I find rock to sound too messy live for the most part, hip-hop hardly ever sounds as good as the recording, and Dj's can't really do true live performances unfortunately.

#5 AAASAS, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Who have always, always been a spectacular live band. Watch some if their new Quadrophenia stuff, it''ll blow you away.

I've also heard through the grapevine that Rush are also a great live performance.

7. timo

Portishead. Beth Gibbons' voice is so haunting and the whole band is just really good.

[youtube]XDxvAEKierA[/youtube](Singing starts at 2:20)

[youtube]P3cxg4h__PU[/youtube]
    I'm having goosebumps when watching it back, but when I was standing there I was nearly crying. If they ever come back to the Netherlands I'm definitely going. Amazing band.

EDIT: Their full show at Glastonbury can be streamed if you're interested. Guess I won't be leaving my house for the next hour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Azvv3xut4

#7 timo, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  8. 2112

They're amazing live!

9. Foxface

I am going old here...but Genesis or Phil Collins live are ALWAYS amazing shows

Foxface

10. BiPenguin

Of the small handful of concerts I have been too, I would say that Elton John puts on one helluver show. Three times I have been to his concerts. I'd fly overseas every year to see him perform if I could afford it.

11. LinkLarkin

Pink is absolutely incredible. The gymnastics that woman does while singing just defy belief.

12. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Rammstein ._. and Emilie Autumn

13. MixedNutz

Alicia Keys
    Linkin Park

Both amazing