1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMO of Adventure Time is Expressive of Feminism

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by animequeen567, Jul 17, 2013.

1. animequeen567

2. jargon

Was just gonna post this if no one else had. BMO is one of my favorite characters from anything. Just as BMO dreams of becoming a little living boy/girl (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK7EMl2xNCE) I sometimes wish I could cast appearances aside and live life as a gender ambiguous video game console.

3. Pocky

Just detracting from the serious character analysis for a moment...

I couldn't see the second video (and cbf if there is someway around the restriction) but does that include the part where BMO is on the toilet with a bottle of water? I love that!

4. jargon

Yup that's the one! :lol:

The clip's called "Hello Beemo, My Name is Football" on youtube if people are having trouble opening it.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was gonna post in this thread earlier :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love BMO! I can relate to hir so well for several reasons. First, the obvious gender identity, where both of us don't see ourselves as male or female. But we also both share traits of absent-mindedness where we tend to go about things pretty light-heartedly and just about absentmindedly. Freely is the word, I think. Like BMO, I also tend to do "weird junk" when nobody's around, but I'll also sometimes do weird junk when people are around..

As for him being kind of a "face" for feminism, it's a very interesting concept. I'm not opposed to that idea, as I've found 3rd wave feminism quite similar to the basis of my morals. He and I do share the internal thought that you should be who you are and act like who you are, not what people expect you to be.

BTW, I'm changing my avatar to BMO after this post ^^