1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has become of my beloved Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yohoshi2013, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Firstly I'd like to ask if there's any Star Wars fans here?

Now that that's settled let's talk turkey. Disney bought out Star Wars in its entirety, but now what of its future? I mean the Expanded Universe novels/comics exist, but Disney acts like they wont be following those. I mean, Star Wars: The Truce At Bakura isn't necessarily PG-13 material, but it's right after the Battle of Endor, so that's a good starting point, or we could jot on over to the Thrawn Era. Me personally, I'd hazard a jump to Dark Empire, I want to see Sidious and Luke duel on-screen, plus The Eclipse blow up something with her bow-mounted superlaser. Or, we could go into the Dalaa era, I mean that ***** put up a helluva resistance against the New Republic, albeit being downright ratchet and evil as hell.

What do you think? What should Disney do?

Bear in mind Disney tends to cutify-familyfy-kidify shit, so think PG-13 with your response. Or, here's an alternate question: Who should buy Star Wars from Disney?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This reminds me of the people who complained about the second trilogy. I personally am not too worried that Disney owns the rights.

3. MathMan

same here. loved episodes 1-3, loved 4-6, never read any of the books, am glad that they are coming out with 3 more movies. i about guarantee the new movies will not follow any of the literature about what happens after return of the jedi

4. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Huge Star Wars fan, and I was unaware Disney has outright made the claim they will not follow the expanded universe. Since the EU has had the blessing of George himself for a great many decades, it's about as close to movie canon as it gets. I never did like the idea of Disney picking up Marvel and even less so of Star Wars, I just think they're going to milk that cow so hard it'll drop dead.

Besides I'd KILL to see a movie adaptation of the Thrawn era myself, that dude picked up the pieces of the broken Empire and almost....just almost...snuffed out the New Republic.

What about the Yuuzhan Vong? A overpowering galactic invasion force? There's enough material in that arc alone to fill Star Wars movies for the next century.

Also I should thank you, I haven't been keeping up with the EU as much the past few years and I was unaware Dalaa returned! I thought she was so awesome when she was first introduced in the....Jedi Academy series? Doesn't matter.

Oh....I need to dig through my books again and start re-reading this stuff.

5. LilacRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hu, you are some hardcore fan^^ i love star wars, but some of the things you mention dont ring a bell. anyways, i agree with wanting Thrawn in the next trilogy (that was the plan yes?), cause those books were just awesome, a lot of beautifully mean and complex characters. Plus, i mean, the man has blue skin and red eyes. how cool is that, srsly!?!

6. theMaverick

I, personally, am more of a Star Trek fan than a Star Wars fan, however, I did greatly enjoy all of the Star Wars movies and I do sincerely hope Disney doesn't mess it up somehow.

7. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

An sharp fan may notice my screen name bears a stunning likeness to that of General Jan Dodonna from A New Hope.

If you don't know him, go enlighten yourself, now.

8. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also Admiral Forn Doddonna from Knights Of The Old Republic, who if I'm not mistaken is an ancestor of his.

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    May the Force Be With You :slight_smile:

10. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't forget about the Yuuhzan-vong wars

11. boysdontcry

I saw star wars and I came as quickly as my browser could take me

Being a little kid when the prequel trilogy came out, my uncle made it his duty to raise me on a full plate of Star Wars and Next Gen. star trek. I don't love them with the intense amateur passion I did as a 10 year old, but I certainly still regard Star Wars as one of the best Sci Fi and film franchises in history.

Damn, I just hope Disney doesn't screw the pooch on this one. Then again, at least it's out of the hands of Lucas.

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am Irish, what did you expect :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

13. biggayguy

Of course 'Vader drinks Guinness. The Emperor hasn't driven good taste from him wholly.

14. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The rest of the EU fans can love it all they want, I didn't like the Yuuhzan-vong or the wars for that matter. I mean, this bullshit of the New Republic teaming up with the Imperial Remnant just to fight back, what kind of crap is that?! Also, the vong tech is just too bizzare for my tastes, and their ships, just so fugly.

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2013 at 11:24 AM ----------

Compared to what Disney might do to the franchise, I would've rather it died peacefully in its creator's arms. Fuck China for not buying SW!

15. ScatteredEarth

I thought they said they were keeping Lucas as an advisor to the new movie? Disney is most likely gonna make it some pansy movie if he doesn't have atleast something to do with it.

16. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes that's right, but advisor wont necessarily safeguard Star Wars from being violated in every way imaginable. Look at Clone Wars, that should be a very serious warning.