1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Marley

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mnguy, Jul 21, 2013.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone know if Bob Marley was anti-gay? I like some of his music, but with the anti-gay climate in Jamaica, at least today, it made me wonder. Just curious if anyone has read anything about him and how he regarded gay people.

2. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like him too being my ethnic backgroud is Caribbean. He was all about love and peace so doubtful. He never insinuated he was at all so all I can assume he was ok with it. Remember he hated Jamaica Africa was more for him like I said I doubt he was anti gay.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Im half jamaican... But I dont know. Seeing as he was a rasta, he probably didn't agree with homosexuality, and in some of his songs he uses the term 'batman' or 'batboy' which in a jamaican accent sounds like buttman/boy. This is where the term batty comes from too.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think his Rasta Religion would have taught him that Homosexuality was wrong, so he may have been against Homosexuality but not Gay People in General :slight_smile:

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, I hope he wasn't against gay people at least as violently as some there are now. My impression of the tropical, let live attitude is so counter being anti-gay I just don't get all the hatred there now. I feel so bad for people who have to live in places where much of the population and government hate gay people :bang: