1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debating on starting a trading card game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lazyfire, Jul 21, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been watching Cardfight!! Vanguard recently and I've developed an urge to buy the future trial decks.

They are at least $20 (each trial deck box consists of 50 cards which help you start playing. It comes with a mat and a rule book).

I've been anticipating the Liberators of the Sanctuary which is coming out in October (3 days before my birthday) but I've really wanted Purgatory Revenger which is coming out later next year.

I don't know if it's wise to start playing as a junior in high school. I don't know any people who play Vanguard and I certainly don't know if I'd even participate in a championship.

It seems fun and the game is very interesting. I'd love to try it but purchasing one deck seems a bit of a waste. I'm quite busy junior year. I was just going to buy Pokemon X and Y since it comes out in October as well.

What do you guys think? What would you guys do? Buy Liberators of the Sanctuary or buy X and Y?

2. Frumpy Pigskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you'd get more bang for your buck with Pokémon, especially since you don't know anyone who you could play Vanguard with.