1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Helen, May 8, 2008.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

Whether it's for Wii, or PS2, or PC, or whatever, anybody else a fan of this wondrous game?

2. Trumpetplyer23

I love this game so much. I got it for my birthday a couple of years ago. I think it is one of the best of the Resident Evil series.

3. Helen

Helen Guest

I haven't played any of the others, actually. Is there much difference?

4. MusicIsMyBoyfriend

Yeah, the first 3 are more survival horrors where you can have about 6 items on hand at one time, you have a small amount of health and ammo is scarce. It's all about finding which key opens which area and such.

5. Trumpetplyer23

That and the things in Resident Evil 4 aren't really zombies. The things in any other Resident Evil are zombies.

If you want to play any of the others, and you have a PS2 or Gamecube, you're in luck. On the PS2 you can get a PS1 game and play it on there. As for the the Gamecube, they released a bunch of 'remakes' of the first, second, and fifth(?).

I suggest Resident Evil 2. I bought that as a birthday present for my mom, and she loved it. She's beaten it five or six times. I've beaten it eight or nine times, lol

6. Helen

Helen Guest

I might do that when I've finished everything on Resi 4 then :slight_smile:

I'm currently stuck on Ada's Separate Ways mission, more specifically, the bit with all the machine guns. Just don't seem to be able to get through it without being cut to pieces by machine gun fire (poor Ada :frowning2:)

7. Paralyzer

I LOVE Resident Evil 4
    It was my first Resident Evil 4 game too and it opened the whole series up to me.
    I'd like to take this time to announce my love for Wesker, it's only a matter of time before he's mine.
    The game is uber awesome. (I have it for Wii) It's funny when I think about it though because when I first got it, I made so many mistakes but now after playing for so long, I can like do anything no matter the situation. (Low ammo and life? I can STILL take down U3)
    As for Ada, I'm really sorry to say that that part of the game SUCKED... I still have nausea thinking about that part which is why I've only played Seperate Ways once. I don't really know how I did it, but I think Ada's super asian powers got me through it.
    (No offense Asia)

8. Helen

Helen Guest

That grappling hook of hers has saved my life many a time, but I suppose I'll just keep soldiering through and trying to get past the bit that's giving me grief.

Low ammo and life, and you can still take down the U3? Impressiveness :slight_smile: I wasted him with a knife first time round, it took a *very* long time, and if it weren't for my extensive supply of first aid spray, I wouldn't have survived it.

I did something immensely stupid near the end of my first playthrough, and sold my thermal scope to that sexual merchant (ahhh...I'll buy it at a high price! :grin:). I assume that you can re-find it second time round...

9. Paralyzer

You know what's even more impressive? I play Res Evil 4 on the Wii, (point and shoot head shots) but I had to defeat U3 on my nephews playstation 2 which is very clunky in comparison, and I beat him on my first go! He was having troubles... bwar har har harr! I'm not even used to the controls for ps2 since I don't have one :grin:
    Done bragging XD

I've never considered the merchant to be sexual.. I knew there was something wrong with him but I always thought it was because of his semi British accent (no offense again.. ha... ha) But yeah, now that you mention it, he is very sexual.. haha
    And yeah, you can find it again...
    Ohhhh, and Ashley get's whorish if you change her costume XD.. I mean.. I'm gay and I still can't pry my eyes off her virtual boobage :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Helen

Helen Guest

I know, the first time I saw it I was quite literally like '...BOOBIES!' Ever tried aiming your gun up at her when you're supposed to catch her, and she's wearing a skirt? Hilarity ensues ^_^

I play it on the Wii as well, and yes, that's even more impressive than killing U3 on low ammo and life, well done etc etc.

11. NoLeafClover

Awesome game. I got it when it first came out for the Gamecube, and played through it a lot of times. The only other RE game I played was the remake of the first one, also on Gamecube...the damn zombies coming back to life later in the game scared the shit out of me.

12. neverover

ok, im stuck with ada, on the 1st chapter, in the church where she suppose to ring the bell. and how am i suppose to ring that f ing bell?! i already killed every priest n crazy farmers. help me!
    and oh, ive played the wii and ps2. i think wii is more realistic, but ps2 is easier. i guess i cant handle a real gun...

13. Helen

Helen Guest

If you're in the church, I think you have to do that puzzle that Leon needs to do when he rescues Ashley (it makes the metal bars go down, know what I'm talking about?) I don't actually remember exactly what you have to do there, but something tells me that it's an automated cutscene, I might replay it just to see.

14. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I love it so much! That's how I found a few of my friends - we're all video game addicts :roflmao:
    As much as I love this game, I have to say, Resident Evil 3 is my favorite from the series (RE3 is the first game I played, then 1, 2, 0, and then 4. Then Veronica :grin:)

15. crimsonarcher

love at first sight is my description of Resident Evil 4...it was awesome!

16. neverover

i already done those puzzle thing. its just im stuck to find the spot where i can trigger that bell.... help?....

17. Helen

Helen Guest

Okay, I just replayed it. The bell is triggered automatically in a cutscene once you've done the puzzle with the lights when you're actually in the church. (did you think I meant the puzzle in the garden, with that round insignia?). Are you sure you haven't missed anything? I'd recommend checking a walkthrough to find out

18. sparkyboyM

i played it on the wii.
    not only my favourite game, it is my god...

19. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Resident Evil 4 was ok I enjoyed Resident Evil Remake better than 4. Plus with Resident Evil 5 looking exactly like Resident Evil 4 there isn't much change. I guess most people who enjoyed Resident Evil 4 have played that game first and then started to play the others. I've been a Resident Evil fan ever since the very first Resident Evil game on the PlayStation.

#19 Brandon, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  20. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I love Resident Evil I used to watch my brother play it when I was really little then I started playing them myself. I like 4 but I was disapointed that it wasn't like the others.