1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The perks of being a wallflower! :')

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BadCanadaJoke, Jul 28, 2013.

1. BadCanadaJoke

Ok, I just finished the book today at the beach and it was so much better. First of all, I had already seen the movie first so the whole time Ezra Miller was playing the part of patrick(dreamy!). So there's that. The whole cast is amazing though so it was great to already have a visual of the book(don't get me wrong I love imagining the characters and all but this time I really enjoyed having them already...there.)

So, there's this part in the book,it's not focused on so much at the movie, but basically when Patrick is upset about Brad he and Charlie would go to this park and pick up guys and this one time Brad shows up and picks a guy up too and let me tell you, if I wasn't a robot and completely dead inside(like chandler) I would've cried my eyes out. I personally found the whole Patrick-Brad thing very depressing :/
    The whole situation between them made me very sad in general...

What do you guys think? Have you had any similar experience? Because I couldn't identify with Patrick as much as I could sympathize with him...:/