1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Japanise TV show.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nerdtendo, May 8, 2008.

1. Nerdtendo

I am looking for clips of an old TV show called "Denpa Shōnen teki Kenshō Seikatsu" (a life out of prizes by Denpa Shōnen). Actualy, it was a series on another show, "Susunu! Denpa Shonen" (Do not advance! RadioWave Youth). Denpa Shōnen teki Kenshō Seikatsu, which we'll call Adventure of Eggplant for now, was a Japanise TV show where a comedian known only by his stage name, Nasubi (or Eggplant, in english) agreed to be put into a small apartment with only a table, a coushion, note paper, pens, magazines and envalopes (he had to leave behind his cloathing), and try to win as much as one million yen ($10,000 at the time) in prizes won in contests in the magazines.

He had to win everything he needed. Rice (or a Watermelon, or at worse, dog food, when he ran out), Cloathing (he only managed to get women's underwear, which didnt fit), Car tires, a belt, four tickets to a Spice Girls movie (which he couldnt leave the apartment to go see), A bike, a single bar of chocolate, Stuffed animals, headphones (no radio), videos, golf balls, a tent, some potato chips, a barbecue, and a load of duck meat.

He also managed to win a TV, but he couldnt watch it. there was no cable or antena. The reasion? He was told that after he won, it'd be aired to boost his career. WRONG! Instead, from the very beginning, he was filmed and on Saterdays, edited clips of the week's highlights where shown (with a cartoon eggplant covering his naughty bits). He was also put on the Internet so people could watch him 24/7.

Oh, he also won some toilet paper. ...10 MONTHS AFTER IT BEGAN!

There is much more about Eggplant that I know, but what I dont know is where can I find old videos of it? can anyone help me?

2. InaRut

Japan is a wierd wierd country...hahahaha...

Sorry but I can only help by post whoring and therefore making your topic more popular. Afterall everyone loves a thread after the Walrus gets it :slight_smile: