1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creepypasta Anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PurpleRain, Jul 29, 2013.

1. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there was a big Creppypasta discussion on the What Are You Thinking? thread, so I figured I'd make an actual thread about them.

So can anyone suggest some good ones? Personally I like Sonic.exe and Tails Doll Curse. They're super creepy. :lol:

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    NO NOPE NOPE.
    I accidentally read some when they are copy/pasted but I try to avoid it. I'm way too much of a coward to read them. I end up having nightmares for weeks.

3. lawRAWR

I have watched the Snic.exe one, but the best is the Legend of Zelda- Majora's Mask "Ben Drowned" creepypasta. It scared me for some time, the game normally, let alone in the creepypasta is fairly disturbing, here I'll post the link:

Ben Drowned (Haunted Majora's Mask) - Majora's Mask Creepypasta [Full Version!] - YouTube

There is quite a lot of talking and text, but once you get past that, the story is easier to understand, and makes it all the more creepier :lol:

4. iHateThinking

I generally don't venture into the realm of Creepypasta ever since I got spammed with smile.jpeg by my ex and had a mental breakdown over it. :tears: I did not sleep for a week and still have freak-outs at nighttime (this is almost two years later). However, prior to that I'd seen a few of them.

I have two major issues (if you want to call them "issues") with Creepypasta: Visual creepypasta bothers me more than regular copypasta stories. Having the image burned into my mind, imo, is a lot worse than reading a story that I can get over. And my second issue with Creepypasta writers, when they do good stories, they are REALLY FREAKING GOOD. They're actually talented/good writers, and that's the problem. Creepypasta are both terrifying and strangely intriguing.

My Adventures with Creepypasta:
    I used to look things up on Creepybot at night for no particular reason, I would get scared but, for some reason, drawn to the creepiness of it.

A friend and I watched Ben Drowned, for some reason I wasn't scared by it in the end. (But mind you, it was the middle of the day and I was still freaking out a little). Maybe it was just fridge-horror that I still haven't understood. I've also seen Username 666 on Youtube, the video where if you keep typing in 666 in the search bar it turns all demonic and whatever.

Also seen pictures of Jeff the Killer, but I enjoy people who do the make-up themselves over the photomanips. I only know vague things about his story.

My friends liked to torture me with the Lavender town theme song, but as I've seen things on Youtube (analyses, theories, etc), it's not as scary as I'd figure. However, the mythos is pretty interesting. Same with Pokemon Creepy Black (or whatever it's called)

* Since you said you were looking for Creepypasta to read, one really really awesome series of Creepypasta I have read is Pen Pal. MrCreepyPasta on youtube does audio covers of the story and, as of now, it's the first Creepypasta to ever actually be published in book format. Would recommend this story to anyone, it was just that good.
    -----------
    I have a question though: Am I the only one that will look at pictures of Creepypasta characters (Jeff, smiledog, etc) if they're drawn? for some reason, the drawn forms of the characters bother me a LOT less than the Photomanips.

Now I'm curious again... But I really shouldn't look into it anymore, lest I not want to sleep for another few weeks.:dry:

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

yeah that. I wasn't really terrified of it but it was an interesting story and I followed it all the way through~ and yeah the videos were crazy too >_>

6. Oxelotl

Well my favourite Creepypasta is Ben Drowned, because I have a passion for Majoras Mask and it's scary as sin. THe Lavender Town one theme song is also good, although it fails to scare because I actually love the lavender town theme. I enjoy reading them, although I don't get creeped out much by them. Granted I also refuse to read some unless it's daylight, the lights are on etc.

7. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you were talking about smile.jpg I didn't know what it was, but I've heard of it and I was just like "Oh man... shouldn't look it up..." I looked it up and realized "Hey! It's smile dog!" I haven't read the Creepypasta yet, but saw it at a glance and it sounds interesting. Oh and for anyone interested there's another one out there similar to the Lavender Town creepypasta called Polybrius. It's pretty cool honestly. :grin:

8. iHateThinking

Yeaahh. I got stuck with the more "extreme" version of smile dog, not the one that's just the normal-looking husky in the creepy lighting with the creepy teeth. :confused: Am just so used to calling it smile.jpeg that I keep calling it that.

Penpal is so freaking good though, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I might listen/read it again just because.

Will check out Polybius when it's light out again. :lol: I'd go check things out on KnowYourMeme but then they have the "related" section and it's like "UGH MORE CREEPY THINGS!"

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Polybrius one is more like a government conspiracy type thing so it really isn't that scary. It's about an old 80's game machine that caused some deaths and then men in black came and all that.

11. iHateThinking

I just finished Ted's Caving Page, and I am really itching to find out more. Too bad it was never completed (or updated). Ugh! I hate cliffhangers soooooo much.

Overall it was very good though, makes me glad I am not a caver. Would be too terrifying.

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or was it never finished because Ted died when he went back? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Haha, I just really like the ones that go above and beyond and include images or pictures.
    Like the cave photos in Ted's and the actual freakin' video in barbie.avi.

13. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The comments under the Russian Sleep Experiment say that somebody should make it into a movie. I couldn't agree more; that movie might be deeply disturbing in all the best ways.

15. Stripe101

[​IMG]

I hate Creepypasta. They are either stupid or disgusting. Squidward's Suicide was not written by a sane person. I promise you.

16. iHateThinking

Is it bad I giggle every time I see this post? I believe it's the giant "NO" face.

I personally try to AVOID looking at things that ruin my childhood, including creepypastas and crackpot "theories" that you see on the internet, but I enjoy the theories as it stands. Never seen the whole thing of Squidward's Suicide, only the one photo that's on the internet a lot. Squidward's Suicide probably wasn't written by a sane person.

As of now, I try to liken a good creepypasta to a good horror novel/story, because some of them can be pretty darn good. Generally, hearing the word "creepypasta" makes me want to run in the other direction (because I imagine the visual ones), but I'm trying to warm up to them more now because I really love horror novels and movies that exist outside the realms of the internet. Maybe not calling them creepypasta will make things a bit better for the rest of us?

17. 2112

Most of them are too long. I'm impatient when I read stuff on the internet. I can read books for hours, but it's different when I'm looking at a screen. Ironically, I love forums.