1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perks of Being A Wallflower question...possible spoilers...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BadAndy, May 10, 2008.

1. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys I went out and bought some books tonight I saw suggested on the forums. I read Perks of Being A Wallflower in one sitting but I think I missed something...Is the reader supposed to assume aunt Helen did something bad to the kid...? I'm really not good at inferring things..sometimes even if they're explicitly stated..

2. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I had the feeling that as I was reading the book, she raped him when he was young.
    I forgot what page/passage that gave me this feeling, I'll need to go read it again, which I'm going to do tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. MusicIsLife

I LOVE That book! One of my favourites :grin: i dont remember the exact part, like word for word i mean, but from what i got, i thought she was the one who was raped or taken advantage of in some way, so yea :]

4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I thought that at first too, but then the passage I was talking about made me rethink all of that. Gah! I need the book, so I can find out what it said! :dry:

5. Atom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think there's about ONE line that told me that his aunt did. it was something like....
    (I also cannot find my copy)

"Aunt Helen did what Sam had done to me" and this was the night before Sam was leaving.

That whole idea was hard to understand, with so little emphasis on it, but yes. I do beleive Aunt Helen "did something bad" to Charlie.

6. sayitforreals

Yeah as eight million people have already said, it is pretty implied that she molested him.

Its okay that you didn't pick up on that though. I know a lot of people who didn't, including my self. I had to re read it to pick up on it.

Hope you enjoyed it, especially since I am one of those who has mentioned it on here a few times. :icon_bigg