1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GunStarre, May 10, 2008.

1. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I can't believe that I haven't seen any Twilight thread here. So, to enlighten myself and others that are familiar of the books, I'll start a thread dedicated solely on Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Series. (!) :icon_bigg

Basic Background: (spoilers if you haven't read the books... hopefully it's only minor spoilers heh)
    Twilight
    A girl that goes by the name of Bella (Isabella Swan) moves into the city of Forks, where she meets a clan of vampires, one of whom she falls madly in love.

New Moon
    Edward is scared of hurting Bella after an incident in his house. So the Cullens (the vampire's last names) move away from Forks to protect Bella. But, trouble starts to brew as an enemy hunts Bella for revenge. And to top that off, she wants to forget Edward... possibly a new romance can fix that?

Eclipse
    New-born vampires are on the loose near the city of Forks, and the Cullens and their rival clan starts to worry of a vampire attack on the people of Forks. Solution: a feeble alliance is formed and it does not help that Bella also has to choose - friendship or love?

Breaking Dawn is coming out somewhere in August... I can't wait for it!

As a break from the books, there's also a movie being made, hopefully to be released late this year. Teaser trailer for Twilight:
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bjAPpF1Ce1A[/YOUTUBE]​

Bad news: the Twilight movie comes out, I believe 2 weeks after Harry Potter. I don't know which one will beat which movie in the box office.... :goodevil:
    MTV interview: Twilight vs. Harry Potter

Discuss the brilliance of the Twilight Series :thewave:

2. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend read all those books in like two days and she loved them. I might borrow them from her :icon_bigg

3. Atom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I found the series enjoyable all around, insofar. Sometimes the text read slowly and was very cliche, but the books were redeemed by its admirable qualities.

One exception: Although the second book bored me to death until the end, it turned out to be really exciting at the end. The second book itself wasn't worth reading through stand alone, but it was impertinent to read if for the enjoyment of the entire series, which i believe to be worth it.

overall, two index fingers and a pinkie up.

4. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought some one else had done this or I would have! These books are a must read! I love the cullens. But I'm more of a werewolf team member! lol! Twilight fans know what I mean!

5. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last night I went on a reading frenzy and read Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler (which was really really funny...) and half of Twilight. I'm going to go buy the other two books today and I plan on having the whole series ready by Tuesday! I always hope that the characters can just be happy together with little drama but I guess there wouldn't be three books if there wasn't any.../sigh

6. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Traitor. It's all about the Vampire clans! :icon_wink

I wanted to read that book for so long, but every time I go to the library, someone else always seems to have it...
    I don't really like having all the characters to be happy together; it just doesn't seem realistic (I mean seriously - vampires and werewolves exists right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Anybody read The Host? It's amazing, and it's by Stephenie Meyer as well. I like vampires better than aliens, though. :dry: ~megan~

8. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Omg! My friend has the book, and I'm waiting for her to finish up so I can read it. She gave me an update and said it's not as good as Twilight. And her reason is pretty much because she prefers vampires/werewolves more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on the last book of the series now! I'll have it done by tomorrow! :badgrin:

I think maybe I hope for everyone to be happy because it is unrealistic...Books SHOULD be unrealistic because if I wanted real stuff I could just go read a blog...I really hope the movie is good though! :icon_bigg

10. MusicIsLife

Ah twilight...

ive only got twilight. ive only read that one too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: im waiting for the books to come out in paperback before i buy them cause im cheap, and i work at a bookstore so I'll get them for cheaper haha :grin:

I am quite stoked for the movie though. Im not big on the cheesy romance, but i think its so damn addicting, that even though in my opinion its cheesy, its so hard to put down!

11. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I just have to learn to not criticize the movie when it comes out as I tend to whenever I watch a movie that I've ready previously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually like the books better than the movies but the movies are still good and can be way better than other movies :icon_bigg However I did like the play version of Wicked way better than the book. The book makes me sad and the play makes me happy...

Everyone who likes the Twilight books should go see it at least 5 times so we make sure we get movies for the other four books in the series!

13. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I know. Wicked has been the only book i have never finished. I got bored during half of it, and really, it's a bit depressing.
    The play was much better :grin:

14. Davey

i am currently on the third book and cannot wait for the movie! it took me about a week to read the first book and thats fast for me. it took me less than a week for book two. but now the third is taking longer because of school first and now me working. but i still love them.

P.S. I'm on Team Jacob!

15. dsfox2009

I, personally, have never read the books. But a bunch of my friends from school are obsessed! LOL. It started with one of my best friends finishing the first book during class one day. And ever since then, a lot of people have been borrowing it and all the sequels from her. I, not being much of a reader, haven't read them. But I'll probably end up going to the movie with someone. They do seem very interesting though...

16. Poring

haha, here too!

Practically our whole school is obsesed with it! Also almost every other the same age as me! I never read the books, and most certainly wont watch the movie unless I'm forced to D:

17. Davey

you sound like a friend of mine...only with hers is with One Tree Hill. Do you have a problem with the "in" things to?

i don't mean to be offensive or anything just asking. because if you do i think you 2 would get along lol. though she has read the books BUT she read them when they first came out before EVERYONE started reading them.

18. LOVEjames

^_^ I like The Host better than Twilight. >_> Just because Twilight is a little too juvenile for me, really. :\

19. MeskElil

Twilight is SO GREAT.

I am, however, disappointed in Bella. I fell in love with Jacob during the second book, when Edward was being a moron...
    The series is brilliant and I love it. I feel so bad for Jacob...that was the series that gave me leave to be in love with two people at once...
    I love the books, and I'm SO GLAD that they're making a movie.
    This is going to be AWESOME....

20. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt bad for Jacob too but he brought it upon himself. He knew she loved Edward. But I'm hoping Jacob imprints on someone in the last book so everyone can be happy :icon_bigg