1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Asian Girlz", the most racist and sexist song I've ever heard.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonythegamer, Jul 31, 2013.

1. [YOUTUBE]Y0zlkB-s_Vk[/YOUTUBE]

This song is so frickin stupid... The language they displayed on the MV is every other language BUT Vietnamese because the girl portrayed here is Vietnamese. The least they should have

Asians aren't just one ethnicity. There's Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, Indian, etc! "New year's in February." Uh, I think you are referring to Chinese and Vietnamese here, and Lunar New Year can also be in January!

It's hard breaking all these stereotypes about East Asians already. This video set us back a few years. All uneducated viewers would learn the stereotype that Asian-American woman are slutty because half of the video shows the girl stripteasing.

I know they said that they aren't racist, but that doesn't change the impact the song has caused.

I know I'm overreacting here, but this video is way worse than Hot Problems. I'd rather listen to people who can't sing over people who sing about controversial (possibly) racist issues.

2. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Geez! Gonna go put a thumbs down on that video now...

Oh good, many more thumbs down than thumbs up. But the comments are...ugh. White people shouldn't be deciding what is or isn't racist!

3. LD579

White people can comment on and acknowledge racism, though, just as how men can comment on sexism, and just as how adults can comment on 'a children's show'.

4. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I should never look on comments, I just lost a but of faith in humanity. :|

5. Hun

Hun

I have a feeling this song wasn't meant to be taken seriously.