1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga To Perform Next MTV Awards

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jimi, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, as you may or may not know, Gaga recently went through hip surgery. And we haven't heard much about her altogether. Allegedly she will be performing a song off her new and anticipated album, "ARTPOP". I'm really excited about it, being that she hasn't performed at an awards show in a while but I'm also afraid her hip issues might hinder her from doing her best. Anyway, I'm glad to see her back at the MTV Awards. Are you just as excited as I am about her debuting her new single and getting back on the stage?

2. Stripe101

Not really. I never cared much for Lady Gaga. She's not as weird as people give act like she is and the whole thing just seems done before. I wouldn't care if she decided to stop making music.

3. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah, I had a feeling someone who didn't like her would comment. I should have just made it for Gaga fans only, I don't want any negativity going on about her.

4. Stripe101

I have nothing against her as a person. She's also great at piano. I just don't enjoy her music.

5. RainbowMan

And why not any negativity? Is this a Gaga-fans-only zone? Doesn't seem right to me....(and I take no opinion one way or the other)

6. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Jesus...I wish I can just delete this now.

7. Ridiculous

Well I think she's great.
    Looking forward to Artpop!

8. Gen

Gen

If this is not deleted....

I just wanted to point out that it is quite clear that the point of this thread largely for fans who have been waiting to here of Lady Gaga since she apparently been absent. Hence the fact that he asked who was excited from here to come back to the stage, rather than do you think she is a respectable artist. It is completely justified if he didn't wish for a thread "I don't really like her" "She's not that great".

Anyway, I was not an avid fan before her hiatus, but I know many who are, so I think its great that she is coming back into the scene.

9. Hiems

I'm interested in Lady Gaga's new album because Zedd is involved in its production. I like Zedd as an artist, so I'm looking forward to what he will contribute to her music :slight_smile:

10. UndercoverGypsy

Once, someone told me that the M in MTV was for music. They were lying, right?

In all seriousness, I don't like Lady Gaga, but she is a Bowie and Sex Pistols fan, so she does deserve some credit.

11. I like Zedd too and look forward to his involvement on Artpop. Also, I am a HUGE Lady Gaga fan! Love all her songs and it seems like forever since she had a new single on the radio (You and I is the last one I can remember). So I am stoked!!!

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope the hip surgery makes her more hip. She could use some new ideas!

Not a big Gaga or MTV fan, she just seems too much like a disco-recycler to me, and her music bores me.

Though I do like some of her funny outfits.

13. lukeluvznicki13

I can't stand Lady Gaga
    She as quite a couple of celebrities, do crazy things because they are attention seekers.
    I don't like most of her songs as well because it questions Christianity.

14. Xochipilli

Can't wait. It has been so long! :love:
    I think she really is nuts though.

15. UndercoverGypsy

But... is that a bad thing?

16. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    & that's exactly why I love her. It warms my heart and soul when she pushes people's buttons.

17. FreeFlow9917

Ugh.... Sorry guys i'll probably skip that and just watch it, i am not a huge gaga fan, she's o.k.

18. kem

kem

She has some catchy songs, but they're all pretty much shit (just my opinion man art is subjective (sort of) don't get mad), some just less so. She's a really good singer and a very talented pianist, and she seems to have a good taste in music, but she makes mediocre pop music and uses oddity, bizarreness and risqué to attain attention.
    Anyway I respect her a bit, sad to hear about her hip issues but hopefully not having to jump up and down the stage in bikinis we'll get her to her senses and she'll start making proper music.

19. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am really excited. I'm not a Gaga fan per se but I enjoy her music. She is definitely is one of the better pop artistes right now and her absence has been missed.

20. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, some really harsh critics here. You know, it's really astounding that within a community that preaches "be proud of who you are, acceptance and tolerance, she's heavily scrutinized by these same people. (I'm speaking generally, not pointing out anyone here) That she's extreme, she's weird, she uses oddity. But you can't help it if that's just your personality to dress or act "weird". I mean how can you hold that against somebody...?

For me, it's like I don't view her as weird or extreme. I think society has just been molded a certain way and she doesn't fit inside that mold. I feel like, she's just being Stefani Germanotta. If she wore cookie-cutter outfits all the time, people wouldn't think twice. The bitch wears a meat dress and everybody freaks out.