1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DarkClarity, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DarkClarity

I was thinking about trying out Netflix but I'm not too sure because I heard that the UK library isn't that great. It is worth trying out anyway?

2. Stripe101

A whole big chunk of instant Netflix is from the UK. That is, if we are talking about instant. The DVD thing can pretty much guarantee any film.

3. person57

Trust me, its very worth it, Netflix has a huge selection of movies. I live in the US, but I heard that all countries have the exact same movies.

4. UndercoverGypsy

I know for a fact that Canada doesn't have everything the US has. For instance, there were tons of restrictions on Dexter that weren't there in the US.

5. biggayguy

I love Netflix! The streaming selection is slightly less but still worth the money.

6. Stripe101

Streaming is good for television shows.

7. songbird

I don't know about the UK version, but the US one has a lot of BBC shows and programs. I don't pay for the DVDs because it's more expensive than Instant (streaming), and the streaming usually has enough to keep me busy.

I'd say that paying for streaming is worth it, based on my experience.

8. kem

kem

Here in Finland we only have the instant streaming option, but I recommend it to all my friends at any rate. Tons of good series like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Dr. Who, Mad Men et cetera and all those films and documentaries are worth it. Of course, some series don't have enough seasons and there aren't that many good classic films. A lot, but not enough to satisfy my recently found interest in art house.

9. DarkClarity

Thanks guys. I'll give Netflix a go.

10. AAASAS

You can change your DNS settings to match American ones, you will then be provided American netflix.

I do this, all my friends do this, my sister does this. I live in Canada and almost everyone I know uses the American netflix based on this method.

There are websites you can find that show you the latest I.P to input manually into your setting to make your Netflix think you are in the U.S.

The odd time I find myself changing my setting to see what is on Netflix Canada, but asides from the odd foreign movie(I find netflix canada has a bigger variety of non-American films). I usually switch back to the American one.

Look up How to get American netflix on google, there will be step by step instructions how, it is a lot simpler than you think.

Step 1)

Find American I.P address

Step 2)

Change your I.P address on whatever you are using to view Netflix to the American one

Step 3)

Enjoy Netflix.

11. Jakey945

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My experience with netflix has been very positive. It is really great for streaming series since you dont have to go through the pain in the ass of finding a link to the next episode :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    The quality of the videos are very good and some are even available in HD. In fact, the only negative aspect of netflix is that has a way of magically draining up all your spare time :s

12. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mostly use Netflix to watch BBC shows

13. Tim

Tim

Netflix announced today that over the next 2 weeks, Netflix is adding Profiles to Netflix accounts. :3

Each account can have 5 profiles each. Each has it's own queue, each tracks the ratings each profile gives a show, etc.

So families don't end up with recommendations that are jumbled from everyone's tastes.

Xbox, PS3, and I believe iOS have already received the update for profiles, the Wii is coming mid-August, and Androids will be coming in a couple months.

(Some accounts already have it flagged, it's just rolling out to all accounts over 2 weeks. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

[youtube]U35oovbGEdU[/youtube]

Handy Dandy Video. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#13 Tim, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  14. Englishlad

I tried Netflix but I didn't like it. I find LoveFilm better.

15. DarkClarity

It may be because I'm on the free trial but I'm not very impressed by the library. I did a quick search of some well known titles (Scarface, Donnie Darko, Titanic, Pulp Fiction, Omen) and none of them were available to stream.

16. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I also live in the UK and I downloaded a chrome plugin called Media Hint, it allows you to access the US version of netflix as well as other sites such as hulu, give it a try.

17. biggayguy

That's what I'm talking about. You can only get certain movies on DVD. Still, I do love watching old TV series. Right now I'm watching the original Battlestar Galactica.

18. DarkClarity

Thank you. I'm going to give that a try. :slight_smile:

19. leer

my boyfriend got me into it it does save space although I still love my dvd's the main reason my boyfriend signed up is because of Buffy it has every season every episode .

20. biggayguy

Does your boyfriend know that they also have Angel? I love anything by Joss Whedon!