1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody know any good books?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by person57, Aug 1, 2013.

1. person57

Does anybody know any good books that are in the kindle store that are for free?

2. LD579

It's hard to get good books for free in the kindle store. If there are any, they'd be older books and classics and such. What about looking into your nearest public library?

3. person57

Great idea :slight_smile:

4. Bear101

Well, first, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What kinds of books do you like? Sci-fi? Mysteries? History? That will help us make recommendations.

Second, google free kindle books. I get 3 or 4 emails a day with a list of free or discounted books. Most of them are only good for the day that I receive them.

Good luck!

5. Jakey945

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Jaja dont limit yourself to the kindle store
    You can download books as PDF files and then search up pdf to kindle files on google and that will take you to an online converter that works very well.
    I would recomend games of thrones (and the rest of the series) and I recently read Fall of the Giants by Ken Follet and it was very good (its historical fiction, some people may no really be into this kind of stuff)

6. person57

I usually go into the Teen and Young Adult Categories that have romance books, mystery books, horror books, and sometimes I like fantasy.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just going to mention the free Kindle store. On there I found Deployed by Mel Odom. I'm a military aficionado so it was awesome for me, but some people had trouble handling just how graphic and serious it was at points.

EDIT: I tried searching and I'm not sure if it's free anymore :frowning2: But it was still great for anyone who's up for an intense and yet really touching story of an earnest military mom.

8. Abbra

The Knife of Never Letting Go is a book that I enjoyed very much as a teenager. It has a little bit of sci-fi, but it doesn't pop up very often. It's mostly a thriller book. I doubt it's free though.