1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amanda Bynes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by person57, Aug 2, 2013.

1. person57

Have any of you heard of Amanda Bynes? If yes, have you heard about the stuff she's been going through, because she's going through a lot. She's so crazy. I hope she learns that all of the stuff she's been doing is wrong. She blasted through $1.4 million of her $4 million life savings on drugs! What do you guys think of Amanda Bynes?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think she's really out of control and needs a guiding force in her life. She might be mentally ill, and I just feel bad for her. I hope she gets patched up before losing the rest of the fortune that, well managed, could take care of her family for generations.

3. person57

I think she needs to go to rehab.

4. Badaxe

She's done and said some really fucked up shit, and there's no excuse for treating other people like crap. But besides the treating people like crap part, she's obviously suffering from some form of severe mental illness, and addiction problems. It's not cool to poke fun at mentally ill people and laugh at them like they're a spectacle. A fair amount of celebrities break down like this... people like us can't even begin to imagine the kind of pressure and scrutinizing they're constantly subjected to. Of course some of them are gonna break down mentally, especially when they've been in the business for most of their lives.

I've got a fair share of mentally ill people in my family, including a very schizophrenic uncle, bipolar type 1 grandmother, and I've seen a lot of crazy shit, and it isn't fuckin funny dude... it isn't cool to kick at someone while they're down, you know?

5. jp97

this is just my opinion but , I think Amanda Bynes and many other celebrities(not all)do things like this for the sole purpose to get attention and don't care how they get it as long as they are in the spot light and I hope she gets help with her problem.

6. ANightDude

Wasn't it discovered that she was actually an diagnosed Schizophrenic and she had a personality disorder?

She clearly wasn't ever acting out just "because". Amanda Bynes was/is clearly unstable.

7. person57

I wasn't kicking at her

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2013 at 08:40 PM ----------

Omg! I just heard that Amanda Bynes' doctor gave her medications and ever since she started using her medication she stopped doing drugs and started acting more polite! I'm so happy for her :slight_smile:

8. Badaxe

Oh I wasn't directing my post toward you, sorry. It's just that I've so often seen people kick at her and I had a little reactionary moment. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. person57

Its okay, and I'm happy for amanda :slight_smile:

10. starfish

I was thinking that she is about the age that schizophrenia is often diagnosed.

11. Badaxe

Yeah she's legitimately mentally ill.

It really disgusts me when people accuse celebrities, or anyone (it especially seems to be the female ones who get accused) of acting mentally ill just for attention. No one, no matter how much attention it'd get them, would want to be severely mentally ill just for negative attention and hatred from people. Give me a fuckin break. You aint never seen severe mental illness in real life if you're gonna be saying shit like that.

12. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think now that it's apparent there are deeper underlying issues regarding Amanda, I have a totally different opinion on her. She can't control what she's going through and I wish people would stop making fun of her. She's a human being but its hard for people to realize this because of her fame. And because she is famous, people think it's some sort of cry for attention and they're not seeing the bigger picture. She's a very sick girl who needs professional help before she hurts herself or someone else. There are plenty of positive things she can do for attention but you have to remember, this is an actress who RETIRED. She wants nothing to do with the film industry anymore. She doesn't have a manager, stylist, rep, nobody. She fired everybody. It's just Amanda. So that being said, attention seems like the last thing she wants.

13. ANightDude

My boyfriend is schizophrenic so after awhile it started to match a bit. What really, really caught me was the fact she was wearing massive headphones and blasting music from them in a lot of places she went to.

It's a common thing for schizophrenics to do. They're trying to block out the voices in their head. So sad... :icon_sad:

14. Badaxe

Yeah that could possibly be a reason why she does that, idk. It could also be a mania thing.

What struck me was when it was explained how she'd have long streaks of acting fine and normal, and then she'd explode and act psychotic and whatnot, and that type of unpredictability/drastic fluctuation is really common in the more severe types of mental illnesses. Also the extreme grandiosity, arrogance, and egomania she displayed, particularly with her "image", is highly indicative of severe mania.

Still, she shouldn't be excused for saying the racist and other fucked up shit.

15. Emberstone

thats what happens when you get huge fame when you are young, then it disappears when you get older.

its the same with lindsey lohan and maccauley culkin.

they were on top, then rock bottom.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really sad what's happened to her, Lindsay Lohan and some other Disney Channel star. When you compare her to say Hilary Duff who's married with a child and being a wonderful mother or Raven-Symone who's performing in Sister Act right now. It's weird how people from the same channel can go in different directions.

17. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I honestly have no idea who she is aside from being a general trainwreck. I assume she's a singer or actress, but never cared enough to google it.

18. ZebraJynx121

At first I thought Amanda was just being a psychotic bimbo but after reading everyone's comments and a bit of research, I feel a bit bad for her. I used to love watching her old nick show but seeing her like this worries me about other celebrities and other people in general. Goes to show that you may not know what other people are going through.

19. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dear, she is 27, not a good age to be a drug addict celebrity.

20. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

You're all ugly!

J/k, that's what she'd say. I heard she's in rehab, she hasn't been tweeting for days last time I checked. Really sad.