1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs that are overplayed on the radio

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FreeFlow9917, Aug 9, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

O.k. peeps, what songs are overplayed on the radio and have turned songs into annoying
    Get Lucky- Daft punk
    Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke
    Can't Hold Us- Macklemore feat Ray Dalton
    Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    22- Taylor Swift

2. LD579

This thread would likely just be representative of what songs are currently popular, both now and then in the future. I know a few years back that Lady Gaga's songs were all over the radio. It's interesting, to say the least, to observe these trends.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Candy - Robbie Williams.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    White Christmas - Bing Crosby :slight_smile:

5. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

6. leer

Fix You coldplay

7. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much everything on the radio is overplayed. Songs that make it on the radio will naturally become overplayed since it's going to be on many different stations, all of which play the songs at least a few times a day. It's like they only have the same 5 songs to choose from...

8. Hysteria

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

The first couple of times I heard that song I thought it was pretty decent. Now I just want to vomit whenever I hear it for the 10,328th time.

9. swimmertriangle

Bruno Mars. Just, any hit Bruno Mars song.

10. Abbra

I remember Dynamite by Taio Cruz used to play aaalll the time. My best friend and I made it our theme song, because it played whenever I saw him, which was every day. Same thing with Pumped up Kicks.

I like both of the songs, but they played a lot.

11. AAASAS

That song that goes " So far from plastic, girl wanna get nasty" or some shit is horrible and on the radio at all times of the day, I have even heard it played on 4 different stations at the same time.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky on the radio way too much. I used to like Daft Punk when I was younger, and I can't believe they made this horrible song.

That song that goes " I belong with you, you belong with me.... HEY". It is on the radio way too much, and is used in advertisements way to much. I can't believe companies actually pay people to produce their commercials using this song. It is so unoriginal and such a cop out for a "good" feeling song.

Who ever is from Southern Ontario may have noticed that the Rick Roll song "Never going to give you up" has been played A LOT often.

12. SecretlyASloth

Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. I was about to say that one.

13. justjade

All of them. :dry:

14. Recently, Blurred Lines, Radioactive ( I'm not tired of it yet though), Get Lucky, It's Time...that's all I can think of because I don't listen to the radio much anymore.

Before, Lady Gaga, Gotye, Taio Cruz, Kesha, Britney Spears and Ludacris were overplayed so much. Granted, I wasn't tired of Lady Gaga and Taio Cruz because I loved the songs they did, but it annoyed my family. On the rap stations my brother, dad and mom listen to, Drake is overplayed big time (Started from the Bottom) and so are various other songs like 'Bubble Butt' and the like.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any song which comes from a band who has a whole discography full of gems, and yet they choose the ONE most famous song and that's it. My favorite classic rock station is guilty of this. They play "Hotel California" as if it's the only one the Eagles ever produced*. If they play Journey, you bet it's going to be "Don't Stop Believin'". Occasionally they'll throw in Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero" and even a few others by them (*and with the Eagles; I think I've heard "Life in the Fast Lane" and "Heartache Tonight" but they might be from my CD), but most of the time it's the one big hit and that's what kills me.