1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2013-2014 Barclays Premier League Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SoupLord, Aug 11, 2013.

1. SoupLord

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My prediction for the top 6 in the BPL next season. Please leave your own predictions down below, and give reasons for your selections!

1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Man Utd
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool

Chelsea will just be too strong this coming season, with the return of Mourinho. They have such quality in the midfield, with the likes of Lampard, Mata, Hazard and Ramires, and with the introduction of a new, quality striker they will be unstoppable. I also tip them to hold on to David Luiz.

Man City clearly have a very talented team, but without the experience of Chelsea. Of course, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero are all amazing players, and with Yaya Toure breaking up the play in the midfield they will be difficult to break down. Pellegrini has done well with Malaga, but he will need some time to gel with the players and the style of the premier league. Second place will be a success for City

Man Utd will struggle at times I think, while putting in the occasional spectacular performance. RVP will be crucial for them, especially if Rooney goes. The signing of a Fellaini or Fabregas type would also do them well, even though the latter is essentially now off the cards. At the back they are solid - though not outstanding like Chelsea. Moyes may pick up an FA Cup in his first season, but filling Fergie's shoes was never gonna be easy.

Ah Arsenal, my beloved Arsenal - the team I support. At the end of last season we were boasting a 70m pound transfer budget, and were linked with names like Rooney, Higuain, Fellaini and Jovetic. Now, with a week and a bit to go until the season is under way, we have spent a record zero pounds on transfers, signing only Ligue 2 striker Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre on a free transfer. Yep, after the disaster that was last season, in which we pipped Spurs by a single point to fourth spot, Wenger has not spent a single pound, instead insisting that our squad is "good enough." Was the talk of a huge transfer budget simply a lie to sell season tickets? Or do we have the money but Wenger is so stuck in his ways that he refuses to spend it? Only the board knows the answer to that. What I do know, however, is that fourth place will be a success for Arsenal this season, seeing as all other big clubs are strengthening their sides considerably. I'm not even gonna talk about Suarez's potential move to the Emirates...

I won't say much about Spurs and Liverpool. They will keep improving season by season until Arsenal has dropped to 6th place with Wenger still at the helm. Spurs have a very promising team, and provided they hold on to Bale, will be strong candidates for a top four finish. Liverpool just aren't strong enough anymore. Holding on to Suarez is a must for them, lest they continue to slip down the table. Regardless, I expect Arsenal to start badly once again, turn around their form after Christmas, and then slip into fourth just in front of Spurs once again. At the end of last season we weren't gonna lose any key players for the first time in a few seasons, and with the talk of our transfer budget I thought for the first time since the move to the Emirates the future looked bright for The Gunners. But, in actual fact, it has never looked bleaker...