1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's Next Top Model~

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, May 16, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Anyone watch this? I know there are variants all across the world, but ANTM was the original lol. For those who don't know, cycle 10 just wrapped up in the US, and the winner was the first "Plus-Sized" Model to win the competition, Whitney Thompson. Pics of her can be found at http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/gen-gallery-antm10-models/14 for those who wanna see all of them lol.

My favorite pic of her was this one though: (because she looks a lot like avril lavigne to me in this pic =P)

[​IMG]

However, I was rooting for another model the entire time, til she was voted off >_< Which was Lauren :astonished:

[​IMG]

Anyone have a favorite this season or from past seasons? Or of the "Next Top Model" of your country? =P

2. davo-man

I really enjoy ANTM, simply because it is mindless entertainment that I don't have to think about, and sometimes television programmes like that are just what you need, especially after a long day at uni, when you can't be bothered figuring out the various conspiracies in Lost or navigate the wit in Arrested Development. So, yeah, I like it

3. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I LOVE TYRA AND ANTM!
    I was so freaking fereaking happy when Whitney, the Full-figure (Plus size is an incorrect term, go Tyra :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) model won. I was told fatima was going to win, but when Siad got eliminated third I was like WTF? And I was so excited.

I sometimes bale God for making me physically male, because ANTM and Survivor ate the two shows I dream to be on. AAAAH!!!! *cries*

My favorite was always Whiteny. I was so freaking mad Tyra decided to carry Fatima after the shaving incident, then the Failure of Meat-shot and the lack of compromise in not having her travel documents ready AND missing a photoshoot.

I loved Anya simply because she never talked trash and was willing to help other people (For example when she gave some chicken to Fatima when she was feeling bad on "Viva Italia!" episode) and she took gorgeous pictures (The Meat-shot when she was called first, and the Papparatzzi shot on final four)

Dominique is just plain awesomeness. She may not be the softest one (Beautiful tranny in Porizkova's opinion) but what made me love her was her attitude. "I want to be like freakin' Mother Theresa, but in a diva kind of way, ok?", "If I forget something I am just going to make it up" and "BRAZILIA!!!!!" (on the Italian Covergirl commercial) and maaany more really memorable quotes.

Lauren, in the other side, was a great one because the just spoke what she thought. I found stupid she applied to the show knowing the prize was a Coverfirl commercial when she hates covergirl - STUPID YOU! >.> She took gorgeous pictures.

Even though I hate Fatima and I was just tired of listening her rant about how "damn much she wanted to win", she delivered. The Fuerza Bruta shot was just simply stunning, however, she really stood up woth the Homeless shot in week one.

If we can go back to casting, I'd love to see the other Latino full-figure model in next season. She was so great! I was very pissed when she didn't made it, and stupid Kim quitted on week one. Way to go girl! Now you're on the hall of fame of the losers of the losers.

I REALLY want to see Janice Dickenson back for next seasions. Paulina did just fine, but no one ever will fill Janice's shoes. Tyra was plain awesomeness this season too "Have fun on your commercial flight girls" LOL, she was a sexy lovely bitch. And when she welcomed the girls in French when they were in Rome was priceless.

Another contestant that deserved it a lot was Katarzyna (Which Tyra failed to pronounce correctly) and the way the show was edited makes me believe they didn't wanted to place Kat on the spotlight because she was an obvious winner. There is basically no confessionals of her until the two last weeks before voted off, and her judging panel was shorter than everyone else. Poor Kat, she had the best walk.

I loved this season, however I want the Panel challenges back: I miss the days when the girls struggled doing such crazy things in front of panel such as wearing a potato sack as a $20.000 outfit (seasion 4) or Impromptu Runway on Local Clothes such as the Kimono Runway on Final four in seasion three (Which Eva shouldn't had won. Amanda was better than both Yaya and her)

#3 Quitex, May 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
  4. Tim

Tim

Yea, and there was no real reason given for amanda's elimination. Something tells me it was because of the fact that she would go blind soon, and tyra/panel didn't want a blind model as ANTM... But god, her eyes were piercing just by looking at her...

5. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Yes. I think they really messed it up. However, I love Janice's reaction when she was saying good-bye: Was a Disgusted Sad Depressed Cheerful Orgasm.

6. smilie22

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    one of my fav shows :wink:

7. hongkong89

I actually was voting for fatima because she took such great shots. Either way, I feel like all the winners on ANTM don't ever become actual supermodels

8. Spark

Spark Guest

OMFG Lauren should have won!
    Whitney was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fake, if any plus sized model should have won it should have been Toccara.

9. Tim

Tim

Haha, you sound like me XD

Yea, Toccara shouldn't have been eliminated in her season when she was. She was just plain awesome.

10. Spark

Spark Guest

She was just plain F-E-I-R-C-E

11. sayitforreals

I dont know any of the more recent seasons because the channel they come on is really low quality. BUT when marathons come on mtv and vhi I always watch. I always loved naima, the mohawk got me. Some of my other favorites were heather (autistic), caridee, and Kim (the lesbian).

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I don't watch the show. Modeling, fashion, hair, etc. don't entertain or interest me at all. However, in regards to the first picture: they call that "plus sized"? What has happened to the world?