1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

songs that give you a "moment"!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by swifter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. swifter

swifter Guest

whether it is for accepting who you are *cough*samelove*cough* or to just declare your feelings to that person *cough*girlfriendavrillavigne*cough* or just to never give up *cough*firework*cough* or just makes you move that bootay! *cough*thekingisdeadbutthequeenisalivep!nk*cough* dang my throat Dx... which songs intensify your feelings, makes you feel happier, more depressed, more hopeful, angrier, more rebellious, you tell me!

- To me "See you again" by Carrie Underwood is one of the best songs full of hope, and that gives me the hope that i will see my cousin again because she is far away from me...

- Lady Gaga's "Electric chapel" and "Heavy metal lover" makes my my brain more relaxed as i dance to them :3

- P!nk's "Sl** like you", makes me dance so inappropriately xP

- "Stay, stay, stay" by Taylor Swift makes me feel more goofy :3

- Marina and the Diamonds' "Lonely hearts club" and "Homewrecker" makes me feel more like i don't belong to anyone (!)

- Lana del Rey's "Ride" gosh that song brings the most mature thoughts from within me

-And "Bad reputation" by Joan Jett, makes me want to kick some homophobic butts!

So do you mind sharing?

2. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    lillymon! *offers swifter a cough drop*

World on Fire by Sarah McLachlan always puts a smile on my face and sets me in a giving mood.

Complicated by Avril Lavigne also makes me feel nostalgic, and slightly complicated.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anything by The Cars.

4. Stripe101

Viking Death March by Billy Talent gets me so excited I feel like I need to punch something.

5. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Piano man by Billy Joel makes me so nostalgic about me when I was young, AND IM ONLY 13!

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, nostalgic for what? I guess if you first heard the song when you were like 7?

I'll never be finished expressing my Billy Joel fanboyism though. I was going to comment with "The Downeaster Alexa" because it shows such desperation, bitterness, and yet determination at the same time, to a driving melody that just stirs the soul. It's a freaking masterpiece.

7. woo13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Breakaway by Art Garfunkel

Somehow it makes me think. A LOT. Sort of my come out song lol

8. Kyllani

"Brave" by Sara Bareilles is a great song. It gives me hope that I too can shed this cage and be free.

Also, "In The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World is my go to song when I'm down. It always makes me feel better.

9. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So Far Away by Dire Straits. It makes me think about life and I feel nostalgic whenever I hear it, I'm glad my parents listen to this kind of music. Now it even has extra meaning to me, because I recently visited a lot of family who live on the other side of the world and I miss them a lot. Yeah, a lot of emotions connected to this single song.

Into the Groove by Madonna is my feel good song and makes me wanna get up and dance!

10. biggayguy

This song makes me want to go back to a piano bar downtown. It's where I hung out with my ex fiancée frequently.

#10 biggayguy, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  11. swifter

swifter Guest

that's the spirit! like "Call you out" by Flyleaf, GAWD i want to kill some homophobes! :angry:

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2013 at 02:25 PM ----------

i noticed that you all miss something about the past... why are we such nostalgic beings T_T? a song that makes me think that way is "Innocence" by Avril Lavigne

12. kresukun

Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears for Fears. A song before my birth but is sooooo good.

13. biggayguy

For the Longest Time by Billy Joel. I used to play this song and think of my girlfriend...sometimes I still do. :frowning2:

14. Ritor365

Ummm, let's see :slight_smile:

King of Anything-- Sara Bareilles. This song is probably the politest "I don't give a shit about your opinion" song I can find lol. I listen to it when I feel down, and the lyrics speak perfectly; "Who cares if you disagree, you are not me, who made you King of Anything?"

Playing God-- Paramore. "Next time you point a finger I might have to bend it back or break it, break it off" :wink: Upbeat and catchy, while also a way to remind no one is without fault.

Applause-- Lady Gaga. Just got this song, but I think it works, nice and fun, fast paced, and matches what I feel like when performing on stage as cheesy as that sounds x)

Probably got more but I'm tired, so that's all for now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love "Songbird" by Christine McVie. It was always the final encore at the Fleetwood Mac concerts, done with most of the lights down and her at the piano. It always sounds so loving and appreciative and wistful....Sometimes when I'm alone, I turn the lights down and play it on the piano and sing.

16. I know that Elizabeth by Catie Curtis makes me feel peaceful, and makes me smile.
    Include Me by Sara Em makes me so sad (it's sad in an angry way) and I usually nearly cry (but not quite).
    Strip Me by Natasha Bedingfield (it's not about what it sounds like) always makes me feel really confident.
    You're beautiful by James Blunt calms me down. If I'm angry, it leaves me sad instead, which is better. Not good, but better.

17. swifter

swifter Guest

when i heard "Playing God", i actually grabbed a guy's finger and broke it because he called me faggot, the teachers favored me :3 because i stood up like a man, even though i got detention for a week it was worth it though :grin:, nobody called me names again >x3... and it all was because of that beautiful song!

18. Kenny207

Gary Allan - It ain't the whiskey :frowning2:

19. meltingpot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    " I miss you" by Incubus

20. wity

Every disney song ever made