1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digimon Anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lgbtpride, Aug 17, 2013.

1. lgbtpride

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay... I love Digimon, and I want to talk with people who love it too!:icon_bigg

2. GrandSummoner

Who was your favorite digimon? I liked Angemon and Angewomon cause Angels are awesome and they're both really powerful, but I think Lillymon is my all time favorite. I'm just really fond of flowers :lol:

3. Night Rain

Yesssss! I loved the show to death! The first 3 seasons are the best. Then it started going downhill. Season 5 was decent but the art direction was too weird. My favourite is season 3. And the music is awesome!

4. GrandSummoner

Yeah the first 3 were easily the best, but I still really liked 4 too (I had a big crush on Takuya). Except for the last few episodes, they were soooo dang tedious. The side characters give their power to the two special snowflakes and then proceed to run around the battlefield as liabilities while Takuya and whatshisface have their butts handed to them >_<

Season 4 did have the best theme song though, "A world for us all"

5. lgbtpride

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My favorite Digimon is hands down Patamon! Who's your favorite CHARACTER though? I'd have to say TK. He's really adorable and he's perfect for the crest of hope!

6. LinkLarkin

I used to absolutely love Digimon. I loved Pokemon too but I would always defend Digimon against people who insisted that Pokemon was necessarily better. I literally set aside entire days when I was younger to have Digimon marathons.

I'm so glad you said this. When I was TK's age I had the hugest crush on him. Didn't know it was a crush at the time of course but looking back it was probably my first major feelings for a guy.

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Digimon!
    I've got the seasons on DVD and watch them on occasion.
    I always liked Henry and Willis best, but that's probably because of ym love for Terriermon. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. biggayguy

Sorry, the whole thing is a thinly veiled rip off of Pokémon.

9. LinkLarkin

The original games were completely different (Pokemon was an adventure gameboy release, Digimon was an animal care game like a Tamagotchi), and the Digimon anime began before Pokemon. :slight_smile:

10. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Blasphemy!

I loved digimon. I religiously watched the first three seasons, I even have the movie on DVD somewhere. I never finished the 4th season but I'd like to some day for kicks.

I'm pretty sure I had a crush on Tai while I was growing up. I used to keep his character bio I printed out from school under my dresser, and would sometimes read it before bed hoping I would dream about him. Although in retrospect that sounds a little creepy <.<

Also played the digimon world games a lot.

11. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's like saying ER ripped off Doctor Who because they both have characters that go by "Doctor." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved the first three seasons and while four was good, I know not everyone likes it. I think it's more the aspect of the humans becoming Digimon that I found so cool, kind of took the Biomerge Digivolution of Season 3 to the next level.

13. Tim

Tim

The digimon anime started in 1999.
    The pokemon anime started in 1997.

My favorite season has been the first 2 'seasons' of Xros Wars. The 3rd part was just terribad though. It was literally all filler episodes until the last 2 episodes.

It's going to air as Digimon Fusion starting sometime soon in the US, before 2014. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In case people missed it, the Digimon Adventure game released last year for the PSP in Japan introduced Mega Digivolutions for the remaining 6 digimon of the original children, animated in the same way it was in the anime. Gatomon's mega was changed to Ophanimon. Most people believe this is because in the game, which takes place during season 1, Gatomon has her tail ring, which apparently contains most of her power (as stated multiple times during the 2nd season anime). Whereas in the 2nd season movie when she became Magnadramon, she did not have her tail ring.

The new digivolutions start around 1:05, the first two are Agumon and Gabumon.
    [youtube]bx3AoqinpX4[/youtube]

The original intent in season 1 was for all of them to reach mega. The original idea was for Myotismon not to be beaten by the newly evolved Angewoman, but instead to have MagnaAngemon beat him, with Angewoman appearing in the next episode to beat MaloMyotismon. However, they changed their mind for whatever reason, giving us what we got. The digimon would have reached mega during the fights with the Dark Masters.

And yes, Palmon's mega is Rosemon.

Essentially, Lilamon did not always exist as she was. Her original design was less pink and feminine. But the creators wanted to use Rosemon in Savers/Data Squad, but as they already had Agumon return, they didn't want to have yet another original digimon return, so they ended up redesigning Lilamon to look more similar to Lillymon, in order to make the Rosemon evolution look more natural.

Lilamon's original mega was actually one of the Lotusmon line. This can actually be seen in Lilamon's design. She's clearly based on a Lotus, rather than a Lily unlike Lillymon. But they still did some design tweaks to make her look similar to Lillymon.

#13 Tim, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  14. ants96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I adore digimon I have all the series and films. my favourite digimon is zudamon and my favourite character is matt probably because I had a crush on him. I liked series 1,2,&3 but I thought 4 was strange.

#14 ants96, Aug 17, 2013
  15. Night Rain

Season 4 wasn't even digimon. It was freaking humans turning into digimon! And I don't like Xros Wars at all because the selling point of digimon (for me) was that each human had only 1 partner - not like in pokemon where pokemon are treated as some disposable tools. And there were more kids in the past seasons.

I was literally obsessed with Juri in season 3. She's the most badass ever (and has the most tragic story too...). I really like her songs (that are not in the series, sold separately). I still make up stories in my mind that her digimon partner somehow comes back to life..

16. Tim

Tim

They did have one partner, officially. Except Akari, who had both Dorulumon and Cutemon listed as her partner by the official games/cards/etc.

Taiki - Shoutmon
    Zenjirou - Ballistamon
    Akari - Dorulumon/Cutemon
    Nene - Sparrowmon
    Kiriha - MetalGreymon

You know the ones for the others. xD All of their DigiXrosses used them as a base.

I didn't see any issue with it, to be honest. It's no different than season 2's DNA Digivolve/Jogress system. I liked them having an actual army form to fight the evil.

17. Night Rain

But they have other minions following them to help them digivolve. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Tim

Tim

Not really.

In the end, all it is is the partners and Starmon.

The non-partners only get used as one-offs, the main combos always use the partners.

Sure, Akari and Zenjirou don't help, but in the end, it's just the digimon that have partners. Aside from Starmon, who just makes up the weapon anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It'd be no different than if season 2 featured a DNA Digivolution of all of their digimon together. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Night Rain

It's exactly for this reason that I don't like season 6. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though. I stopped halfway because I caught up to the latest episode at the time (and got tired of waiting for the other 2 kids to get their own degivice. I should start watching it again.

20. Tim

Tim

How far did you get? Did they go back to the real world temporarily yet when you left off?

However, on your last note:

Akari and Zenjirou don't get Xros Loaders until episode 78. The show ends on episode 79.

First 'Season' = Episode 1-30.
    Second 'Season' = Episode 31-54.
    Third 'Season' = Episode 55-79.

The third 'season' was a revamp of the show, moving the focus away from Taiki onto a new character. Aside from maybe one or two episodes, aside from the last 2 episodes the ENTIRE 'season' was filler episodes.

Also: If your issue for not liking it is they used too many non-partners do not watch episode 54. Also, do not youtube this digimon:

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode

#20 Tim, Aug 17, 2013