1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspirational Disney movies and songs

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wity, Aug 17, 2013.

1. wity

Lots of disney movies have helped me through hard times, and I think they really have that element of hope in them, that can really inspire us to be ourselves. I just want to know if there are any songs or movies that really helped you, wether it helped you with confidence, or just helped you with anything!

2. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've always liked A Whole New World. It encourages me to see things in a new light. It's one of my favorite songs from a disney movie and I don't know why.

Maybe because I had to watch Aladdin in french so many times. Though I guess en français on dit Ce Rêve Bleu.

3. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found myself getting very fond of Mulan lately. I might have toned down some of the comic relief a bit, but I love a lot of the main themes. Protecting those you love...Victory by determination and brains, against an opponent you should never have been able to beat...and of course, going completely against the social norms and gender roles, and coming out on top. I love it.

4. wity

Mulan is my muse, thats for sure!

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2013 at 09:19 PM ----------

I basically ride on the songs that show themes of hope, I made a whole playlist the other day that I use to help gain confidence with coming out. Here is the list:
    Like other girls: Mulan II
    Reflection:Mulan
    A whole new world: Aladdin
    Something There: Beauty and the Beast
    Go the Distance: Hercules
    Part of your world: The little mermaid
    Just around the riverbend: Pocahontas
    When will my life begin: Tangled
    I've Got a Dream: Tangled
    I see the Light: Tangled
    God Help The Outcasts: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Almost There: The princess and the Frog
    Dig a Little Deeper: Princess and the frog
    Colours of the Wind: Pocahontas

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Man. Well, Tarzan's always resonated with me. Fighting for a place in your community despite being an outcast, fighting for family. Also helped incite my love of tuxedos from a young age.

[​IMG]

Ahem. But I disgress.

Mulan was another. Could relate to her not feeling like the perfect daughter, not recognizing the girl she was becoming and the role she'd been thrust into. And she saved China binding her chest. I can respect that. :wink:

And Hercules. Always resonated with me. Guy's trying to prove himself as a hero, grew up as a misfit, awkward all around.

6. srslywtf

I wouldn't say it's inspirational, but it always lifts my spirits..

A Whole New World from aladdin.. Pretty much sums up everything I love about disney.

[YOUTUBE]-kl4hJ4j48s[/YOUTUBE]

7. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Beauty and the Beast, its my favorite disney movie. Belle is really awesome :slight_smile: she doesn´t care what others think of her. Part of your world and Reflection are songs I sometimes kind of relate to

8. SurprisingDanny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The most inspirationals ones are, for me, Colours of the Wind; Almost There; The Bells of Notre Dame. I cant think of other at the moment.

If we go outside of Disney, The Prince of Egypt is definitely the best animated musical film ever.
    Every song is the most inspirational.