1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tennis

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SohoDreamer, Aug 18, 2013.

1. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Is anyone here a tennis fan? If so, who are your fave players? Looking forward to the US Open?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm far from athletic, but for some reason I like watching tennis. I think I like the one-on-one nature of the singles games, kind of like physical chess. Also, the rules are pretty simple. One thing I like is that there is relatively a small field of top players, so it's not hard to keep track of everyone. Also, this sport is one of the few where I think women and men are treated fairly equally in terms of coverage and popularity. In fact, I was just googling for "famous female players" and accidentally forgot "tennis", and most of the hits were still tennis-related!

Anyway, I like Nadal, Roddick, Murray, Djokovic (and previously Agassi), and the always hilarious John McEnroe. Though I respect Federer for his beautiful form, I often find myself rooting for his opponent since everyone assumes Federer will win. For the women, I love the Williams sisters, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, and Martina Navratilova.

Did you see the Wimbledon finals? There must have been a lot of celebration in the UK with Andy Murray's win.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Kind of I had a huge crush on Andy Roddick but he's not playing anymore.

Nadal, Federer, Sharapova or Serena will probably win the US Open.

4. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play tennis :slight_smile: and I like watching it too. I like Federer because he is a legend, but I like Djokovic too and he´s younger and a great player. And the women, I like Sharapova, I want her to win!!