1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would you read this?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sam, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam

I want to see what people think of what I am going to type here and see if anyone would read this book or if they think it sucks I just want some opinions even negative ones and some opinions on what should change and just anything else that you feel would be important to mention so here it is would anyone on here read a book whose back cover read like this:

My Name Is Brian

Brian is a sixteen year old guy who when he came out to his parents, was forced out of the home he has always known and thrown into a world where he had to struggle to survive. At sixteen Brian had to learn about street life, about homeless shelters where he wasn't welcome and group homes where it wasn't uncommon to get kicked out for "breathing funny". Finally running out of shelters and getting kicked out of the group home he is forced to roam the streets, where he is often scared to even fall asleep. In order to survive he must put himself into unthinkable situations and do unthinkable things. My Name Is Brian is an eye opener for everybody. When a majority of homeless teens are gay because of unsupportive parents I think its about time that we help these teens.

Title subject to change

so any opinions are more then welcome and suggestions on how to make it better are also more then welcome. If you picked up this book today and read the back cover would you be interested enough to read it?

2. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

I don't know that I would read this book if I read this all on the back cover.. Seems pretty negative to me.. And what does this sentence mean "a majority of teens are gay because of unsupportive parents".... Well just a littel feedback for you.. Maybe if you focused more on brians survival and if he is being brave and courageous.. You really make him sound like a victim.. Perhaps that is your idea.. Not sure.. Well there is some feedback for you..

Good luck

3. Sam

Sam

I said a majority of HOMELESS teens happen to be gay because of unsupportive parents (because they were kicked out of their homes) unfortunately its true that a lot of the homeless teens out there are gay because their parents freaked when they came out to them. this story has a happy ending its all about him going through all of this but rising up from it and he is brave and courageous for having to do this and its basically saying that you can make it through anything nomatter what at the end of the book he ends up living with his sister. I guess I should have made myself more clear

#3 Sam, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  4. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

You still seem to be saying that a majority of homeless teens are gay because of unsupportive parents.. Do you mean that gay teens are homeless because of unsupportive parents.

I am glad it has a happy ending.. Maybe put some of the survival stuff on the cover..

5. Sam

Sam

yes thats what I mean that of all the homeless teens out there, a big majority of them are gay teens who are homeless because their parents kicked them out when they found out they were gay

6. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

Then you should probably change the wording.. cause it sounds like you are saying that homeless teens ARE GAY BECAUSE of unsupportive parents. I think we are on the same page now though...

Good luck..