1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flyleaf, Evanescence, Paramore Fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KingdomKeyDK, Aug 18, 2013.

1. KingdomKeyDK

Just wondering if there was anyone else out there that liked the genre of female rock. :slight_smile:

2. ScatteredEarth

I like a couple of Evanescence songs, don't really know too much about Flyleaf or Paramore though.. My favorite songs from them are 'Bring Me To Life' and 'My Immortal' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Stripe101

My friend is obsessed with Evanescence so I'm sure he's heard of the other two. I've only heard Evanescence and I like them. Amy Lee has a great voice. My favorite song is Everybody's Fool.

4. ScatteredEarth

I like that one too ^_^ I'ma go listen to that now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I do like all of the bands listed (my favorite Flyleaf songs are "Again" and "All Around Me"; my favorite Evanescence songs are "Lithium", "Hello", and "Lost in Paradise"; and my favorite Paramore songs are "Misery Business" and "Emergency"), and I do tend to love female-fronted rock as a whole. But this trend towards throwing all female-fronted rock bands together and considering them all collectively, regardless of their genre, bothers me. Flyleaf is an alternative metal / post-grunge band. Evanescence is a nu metal / gothic rock band. Paramore is a pop punk / alternative rock band. If these bands had male singers, they would probably never be brought up together in the same conversation.

With that rant out of the way, if you folks like Paramore, you should check out Icon for Hire. They have a similar style, with a slightly more electronic bent, and are quite phenomenal.

[YOUTUBE]hkYLpHrdXm0[/YOUTUBE]

6. Split Arrows

I do like Paramore and Evanescence, but am lukewarm on Flyleaf. usually when it comes to female fronted rock acts I like Halestorm and In This Moment.

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Evanescence and Paramore when I'm in a certain mood. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I love Evanescence and Flyleaf. Amy Lee has such an angelic voice and Lacey has a very uniquely powerful voice. It's like Amy Lee's on a power level, only instead of deep and bass-like, hers is high and squeaky. Both really fit their music well. You know what I mean? Do I know what I mean? :lol: Anyway, yeah love these ladies and their bands, they make great music.

9. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like Evanescence, Amy Lee does have an amazing voice. My Immortal and Everybody's Fool are probably my two favorite songs. Paramore has some good stuff too.

11. findingmyheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Evanescence (at least what I've listened to) is great! So is Flyleaf (love Lacey's scream) and I like Paramore's old stuff.

12. swifter

swifter Guest

i love all those three bands all of their songs are awesome and full of heart! you should listen to Fireflight too this one is one of their best songs [YOUTUBE]pWRJAHaOrYg[/YOUTUBE]
    there is also Metric gosh i love her voice! and Nightwish such a poetic band! i'm so happy i'm not the only one that likes female rock genre :grin:

13. ScatteredEarth

My Immortal never fails to put me in a cold-ish mood :3

14. BudderMC

LOVE PARAMORE! :love:

I've listened to and quite like Evanescence's first album.

Don't know any Flyleaf though.

15. smokey-knows-all

never heard of flyleaf, dont like paramore, but evanescence is awesome and some of the more depressing songs are great for fueling morbid writing sessions >:slight_smile:

16. Hysteria

Evanescence are awesome. Lost in Paradise, My Heart Is Broken and Oceans are some of my favourite songs of theirs. I'm not too familiar with Paramore or Flyleaf though.

17. KingdomKeyDK

I also like Icon for Hire. I like their song Up In Flames. Ah I love Amy Lee. Her voice in Sally's Song is great.

18. Mariall

Fallen is my favorite Evanescence album! I should get more though, haven't heard of those other two bands.

19. Raisinet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think Flyleaf is/was the best band on the planet! Now that Lacey has left tho....we'll see. Paramore & Evanescence are also two of my fav bands...Hayley of Paramore being my celeb crush lol
    Best Flyleaf song..."I'm So Sick". Best Paramore song..."Ignorance". Best Evanescence song..."Bring Me To Life" =)

20. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard of them all. I really liked Flyleaf when they came out with, "I'm So Sick". It was very dark and grunge, but the music and music videos onward didn't seem to share the same intensity, and I lost interest.