1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prayers for bobby inspired plz read.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by coreyl13, Aug 20, 2013.

1. coreyl13

I just watched this movie and I've never cried so much to a movie in my life.
    This deserves immense attention from all people
    Have you watched this movie?
    I am inspired to do more in helping with the lgbt movement across America and to fight for our rights.
    I live in a state (Michigan) which does not allow gay marriage, unions or same sex couples to adopt. Even our jobs are not protected.
    What can I do to help?
    What do you to to help?

2. Dalmatian

Rise up against xenophobia; always, everywhere, against and for anyone. That's what I try to do. Just don't let people generalise and talk crap of any group of people. Work on your own xenophobia and don't let it grow. By doing that you are changing your surroundings and making the world slowly better.

And yeah, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.. tear-wise.

3. GirlWhoWaited

I saw it a few years ago. It was before I even realized how much it applied to me, but it applied to so any people I loved that it impacted me strongly. I became an ally before I knew I was bi, and that movie was part of the reason. :slight_smile:

4. hewkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ryan Kelley is outstanding in this. Truly believable performance

5. Biotech49

I watched it and cried for my son and for myself, even though I had not come out yet. Excellent movie.

6. EscapeArtist

I've heard this is a moving film, I hope to pick it up soon! The last movie that made me feel this way was The Laramie Project. Rocked me to my core, cried into the next day and graced my bookshelf with a hard-copy of the play. The passion is certainly there, its just unfortunate that such hate exists over the subject of love. It's the ultimate irony.

7. Biotech49

My son, who was very active in college and who started an LGBT student organization on a very conservative campus, had a showing of The Laramie Project on campus. I tried not to cry but I did. I remember when it happened. I was a fundy Christian at the time. It sickens me to think I thought he deserved it at the time. I am SO ashamed of myself but that is in the past and that past will not haunt me!

8. biggayguy

I watched it for the first time last week. It changed my life. I realized that I was a lot like Bobby trying to date girls and hurting them. I moved from being bi' to gay because of Prayers For Bobby. Some Mothers from PFLAG supported me as I came out as bi'. I love PFLAG. I also support Equality Ohio and the local GLBT center.