1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your thoughts on Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by swifter, Aug 20, 2013.

?

How do you feel about her?

1. i like her music

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. i hate her music

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. i like her but hate her music

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. i just like her music

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. i love her and her music

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. swifter

swifter Guest

I mean i know she has voice that doesn't sound that well, but she is sincere with what she writes. You don't have to like her music but don't hate, why do we want more hate in this planet than there already is? Recently I've noticed that the half of LGBT community hates one their not-so-significant ally and writer of the acceptance song "Mean", Ms. Swift, people say that she only talks about her boyfriends and that she is a slut which she is not, is she the only one guilty of trying to see if someone was the right one but in the end it didn't work out? maybe of publishing them in public but so do people in facebook.

So far out of all her 91 songs maybe 18 are about the experiences with real guys she has officially dated the rest are just made up inspired by some of her friends, she has stated that if she wasn't a singer she would be a book author, she may have made up some of the stories, like "Never grow up" or "Love story" or "Superman" or "Speak now" "Stay, stay stay", or just inspired by what her friends have gone through, like "You belong with me" or "Fifteen" (where a line says don't forget to LOOK before you fall).

she hasn't only made songs about love but about her parents too, like "The best day", or "I'm only when i'm with you".

also she made a song forgiving Kanye West "Innocent" which expresses how mature she can be if she wants.

there is also "Back to december" where she admits her mistakes and tries to apologize.

and in her new album she calls her fans the the lucky ones which she really meant, she is close friends with Selena Gomez and maybe "I knew you were trouble" is about Selena's and Justin's past relationship. need i say more? well enjoy a song about fighting against all the ones that try to tell you that what you feel is wrong

[YOUTUBE]LZ34LlaIk88[/YOUTUBE]

2. person57

I love taylor swift and her music:slight_smile:

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's not my style but I have no problems with her or her music =]

4. waders

waders Guest

i'm not a fan of this pop/country music, but really like some of her country songs like picture to burn and our song

5. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I didn't vote because I don't feel either way. I don't "hate" her. She's done nothing that would make me that upset. I don't care about her, really. Hmm, but if I had to vote, I think I will choose "I hate her music" because I don't agree with her getting in relationships, and then trashing her exe's in songs. I mean she's been in so many relationships and she's NEVER the problem, it's always the guy. Yah...she needs to get her crap straight and find a decent guy so she actually doesn't have to embarrass him in a song. So immature.

6. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

I'm pretty indifferent about it all. She seems like an okay person to me. (though I'm not one to judge celebrities. If you never met the person you have no right to judge them, in my opinion.) While I'm not a big fan of her music, I do like a few of her songs and I have no problem with other people listening to it.

7. smokey-knows-all

go back to singing country!

8. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I like some of her music, it's kind of catchy.

9. srslywtf

I like her music, some of it. Her I know nothing about... She's pretty though :slight_smile:

10. whattagirl

So... I'm glad you're not being really mean about this, but I'm just gonna say a couple things. First of all, it kind of bugs me when people say things like you did in the bold, I kind of bugs me because she does admit a lot of times that she's at fault, or at least it's not his (off the top of my head "Maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much", "People are people and sometimes it doesn't work out, and nothin we say is gonna save us from the fallout" and the songs "Sad Beautiful Tragic" and "Back to December). I think you just are basing your response on just a couple of songs. Also, and this is my true point to every body Most artists (ecspecially singer/songwriters) sing songs about breakups and stupid exes, and I don't know why but everybody has decided to gang up on Taylor and get mad at her for something everybody does But don't get me wrong, I could tell you have a pretty neutral feelings about her, I'm just explaining my frustration with other people with the same opinion who are not as respectful about their opinions as you and I.

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2013 at 11:55 PM ----------

This is pretty much my exactly my opinion! Well said!

#10 whattagirl, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  11. swifter

swifter Guest

you have your opinion which is nice, and it shows that you don't really care what Taylor does, but the problem is you watch too many news that try to put on a villain face on her, did anyone talk about her song "Ronan" no!! but if anyone is interested:

[YOUTUBE]py5cICuliLM[/YOUTUBE]

this song talks about a little kid who was diagnosed with a type of cancer and this song talks about how his mom feels, because Taylor wrote it with her, are you gonna tell me this is immature?

---------- Post added 21st Aug 2013 at 08:52 AM ----------

you are one of the most mature swifties i have ever seen so far, i'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed all that :grin:

#11 swifter, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never heard her before.

13. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I hate her, I hate her music, I hate everything she stands for, and is one of the big 5 popular music artist who ruined the music industry.

14. swifter

swifter Guest

how has she ruined the music industry? sounds more like a personal hate rather than another reason...

15. whattagirl

Aww shucks<3 :icon_bigg

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm clueless. It's obviously generational. I know her name, but don't even remember what she looks like, except that she's blonde.

The poll needed another choice for don't know or indifferent.

17. chatar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I actually like Taylor Swift, but to an extent. I'm not a fan of the recent wave of Pop music that's been released nowadays, I'm not going to lie. She's improved as a performer and falls out of key much less often than she used to when singing live, but I feel still needs some polish.

18. Kyllani

I don't hate her, but I don't like all of her music. A couple of songs I enjoy, but others? I think if I ever hear that Never Getting Back Together song again, it'll probably be too soon for me.

19. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Her songs are unintelligent and dull

The lyrics are written by a 5 year old

Her personality changes after each song is released, which is something you don't want if someone is as looked up upon by people

She really is given much more credit for her songs than most artists are (she literally does not write any of them, how about that?)

20. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Lex