1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Al Yankovic

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jinkies, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parody is practically what I live in. I grew up on Weird Al and a great deal of Dr. Demento. I work on parodies for fun and sometimes for assignments, and so Weird Al is a great inspiration. Personally, I'd like to consider him the greatest parodist who ever walked Earth. And that's not because of the fact that he's the most popular parodist. He crosses so many lines and parodies so many things at the same time in songs like "Eat it" and "Amish Paradise". His creativity is also mind-boggling, and he can work with pretty much every genre of music. A few of my favorites are:

Eat it
    Canadian Idiot
    Amish Paradise
    Albuquerque
    The Saga Begins
    Yoda
    Gump
    Bob
    Hardware Store
    I Lost on Jeopardy
    Jurassic Park

There are SO many I'd love to add to that list.

What about you guys? Is Weird Al the same to you? Did his butchering of "MacArthur Park" turn you off and you vow never to listen to another track of his again? Is he OFFENSIVE? :confused: I'm not putting a poll here because I'm really torn on whether or not it would be "Do you like Weird Al" or "What's your favorite Weird Al song". For those that do like Weird Al, what are a couple of your favorites?

2. Stripe101

I love Weird Al. My favorite is Christmas at Ground Zero because of how absolutely demented it is.

3. RoguesWolfe

You basically listed most of mine! I love the dude, my room mates can't stand him but I don't even care! Amish Paradise was probably the greatest to me mainly because of how hilarious it is and all the crap he had to go through.

4. Tlarkul

As well as The Night Santa Went Crazy if we are going by a Christmas theme.