1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Saint Otaku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Saint Otaku

Ok, so who else has read this awesome book? A school project of mine got pushed back two weeks so now I have time to read (for enjoyment), so I chose this. I'm only 40 pages in, but in love with it, and it remains likely to push "1984" out of its place in my heart. Anyone want to share?

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Picture of Dorian Gray is my second favorite book after The Catcher in the Rye, and Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite authors. Dorian Gray has one of the most compelling, shocking, and unique plots I've ever come across, and Wilde's writing is just phenomenal. Since you're only 40 pages in, you're only at the very beginning of a crazy journey! All I can say is be ready to have your mind blown by the end.

But hey, 1984 is also a masterpiece. It should retain its spot in your heart :icon_wink

Enjoy the book!

3. Kyllani

The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorite books! It was actually required reading for my senior English class in high school. That and Frankenstein. I loved both of them.

I totally agree with musikk021. 1984 should keep a place in your heart..but it's my favorite book, so I'm a little biased.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Enjoy the part of the book where Wilde goes into exquisite detail about the luxuries that Dorian enjoys, it is simply a hedonist's bible!

5. I didn't love Dorian Gray, but it was still pretty good.
    I have to admit, 1984 was a far better book, but meh.
    And The Catcher in the Rye is an amazing book as well. Both are better than The Picture of Dorian Gray in my opinion.