1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mormon Gay Kama Sutra

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Adi, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Now these are some missionaries I'd let inside my house: Mormon Missionary Positions

Huff Post article:

'The Book Of Mormon Missionary Positions,' Shows Forbidden Gay Relations Within The Church (PHOTOS)

The Mormon Church's stance on homosexuality is obviously very clear, which was one of the main reasons the above quote opens the photography series "The Book of Mormon Missionary Positions," which showcases two Mormon missionaries as they surrender to carnal same-sex lust... while fully clothed.

'The Book Of Mormon Missionary Positions,' Shows Forbidden Gay Relations Within The Church (PHOTOS)

2. Tim

Tim

I about lost it when the pic with the bike came up.

Keeping a straight face reading that was so hard.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a couple of these types, in their "uniform" that I've actually seen a few times in my own neighbourhood, wandering around. When I saw these photos, I almost lost it, the ones I know look almost exactly like those shown here in their "compromising positions", right down to the differences in height.

No doubt when I see them again, I don't know what I'm going to do to get these images out of my mind! :grin:

#3 greatwhale, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. Exstatic

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

WTF!!! When I saw the pics, i was like "Seriously!!! On the Bike... Geezzzz!!! :bang:

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first thing that I noticed was the height differential. Then, clean-cut guys like sex, too. That's a no-brainer.

The other thing is that we don't know how many missionaries spending 2 years together, especially if sent to a very foreign land and are alone, actually do this. Supposedly, it's higher than we think. But, when they get back home, they get hitched and start cranking them out.

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wouldn't what they do in that time, if they're really alone, be akin to what happens in prison or in an all-boys school?

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think more so in prison than in an all-boy school. I think that, for the all-boy school, it would depend on whether it's a boarding school or one to which people commute. Taking out the residential aspect would lower the likelihood of sex happening, though it would not eliminate it.

8. Northern

I found it hilarious, because their facial expressions look like they are so not interested in this LOL

That was a good laugh hehe.

9. ArcaneVerse

It's one thing to protest, to disagree with views, to point out flaws and falsehoods, to be outraged by the actions and such of a church\religion but its a whole other thing to be so disrespectful by enabling a display such as this.

It has no point other then to mock, it holds no grand message to learn, it would barely pass for art and it certainly lacks humor.

Am I the only one who thinks we need to be better people if we want to succeed in the fight for equality?

10. jae

jae

Arcane,

I agree with you, it is disrespectful and I would expect better from those that oppose the LDS Church. I am sure that their are many closeted missionaries, but trust me when I tell you all (and I dont mean to squash your wet dreams) that the chances of something like this taking place are slim.

11. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What?Thats funny as hell xD

Also,position 7 is the best

#11 Zam, Aug 22, 2013
  12. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to agree with these two posts, given the sensitive nature of this site. I made some comments previously which were derogatory about religion, and they were deleted. I did have a long discussion with the mods about the matter, and based on that I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted also.

13. Amerigo

i don't understand any of this

14. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I respectfully disagree with this. The whole book is quite funny.

Also, this is America, where the Westboro Baptist Church has a right to protest people's funerals, and the Mormon Church (along with many others) has a right to disrespect gays daily by calling them "sinners". Humour and satire are some of the best ways to react to oppressors, and have historically been enployed everywhere, from free nations to authoritarian states. Only the latter ban such displays.

#14 Adi, Aug 22, 2013
  15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I find it hilarious. And don't forget... David Archuleta (American Idol) is on a mission in Chile (I think) right now :slight_smile:

16. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd also like to add that no matter how "respectful" you are, you will never convince mormons (or any other religious groups) to change their stance on gays, which would require they change their scripture (not to mention that if this is "disrespectful" to mormonism - for simply portraying two mormons in sexy positions-, than any kind of humorous material is disrespectul to any group that might be featured in said material, so we should just ban comedy as a whole as to not potentially offend any human or non-human being).

#16 Adi, Aug 22, 2013
  17. Amerigo

how can we forgot little david :wink:

18. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im really confused, can someone explain the joke here?

19. ArcaneVerse

Yes, I believe you have missed my point. While your correct that they do have the right to all the things they do and say, as we have that same right, why is it that we who claim to be better choose to act the same?

The point isn't that we could change the LDS church if only we were more respectful, but maybe we could change some of the minds of its members. There are Mormons who support gay rights and maybe there would be more if they didn't see such disrespect everywhere they turned.

We cant open minds by being assholes. You cant yell aloud that you know better when you don't act like it. You want respect, acceptance and tolerance? then show some and you may get it back in kind. You might not too but you will at least have the satisfaction of not acting the same as them.

Dont get me wrong I have no problem with a joke or two, when its actually funny and or clever but those photos are neither. I'm also not saying that I am perfect but i just think maybe we should be trying harder to be more accepting of others even if they dont treat us the same.

Anyways was just my opinion. I should know better by now not to post those kinds of ideas around here.

20. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is from your sticky about religion:

"So, to conform to our CoC policy, and to facilitate a welcoming and respectful community, it is absolutely imperative that people stop making belittling remarks toward each others' beliefs"

Double standards, buddy.

Arcane, I agree with you.