1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football is back! (Soccer)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JackAttack, Aug 25, 2013.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Well its been back for a few weeks now and this season already looks like a promising one, especially in England. The Prem looks really exciting with all the new managers of the top clubs, but I was surprised by Man City losing to Cardiff today. I will be following the Italian and German league's a bit more this season because iv grown an interest in them, especially with Dortmund. The Spanish league looks poor due to the huge gap between Real/Barca and the rest, but their teams should do well in the Champions league.

Whos your team and what do you hope for them this coming season?

As a Leicester City fan, I hope we can gain promotion since we are one of the favourites to go up and because of our heartbreaking play off defeat last season to Udinese reserves (Watford). The Mightyfoxes :slight_smile: have started well this season even though we are playing shit, so I just hope we can improve and get back to where we belong.

#1 JackAttack, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
  2. Gallatin

Liverpool all the way. Would love to see us get back into the top 4 this year. Don't know if it'll happen or not, but I like some of the young guys we have like Sturridge and Coutinho.

3. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

You're looking good for about 4/5th this season. Very similar to Spurs and Arsenal who will be around there as well. What a buy Sturridge is for you. Just a shame about Suarez.

4. redskins20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where has this thread been? My team is Manchester United!! Can't wait for tomorrow, United vs Chelsea. It should be a great game! I'm just a little upset with the signings this offseason, or the lack there of. And I hope Rooney won't leave, especially not to Chelsea. We better do better in the Champion's League, and not get robbed a win like last year!

5. Gallatin

Yeah, the Suarez saga has been annoying. Honestly, if Real came in and offered £40m I'd almost be inclined to say let him go, because despite his brilliance he's so often embroiled in controversy, which doesn't look good for the club. But I'd rather keep him and all his baggage than let him go to Arsenal.

I know, I was thrilled when we bought Sturridge. Always had loads of potential, just never seemed to be in the right situation to be able to show it (until now).

And regarding your club, Leicester, I think you should be right back up there in the promotion fight. I happen to pull for the "Udinese reserves" lol but maybe Watford and y'all can finish in the top two this year and avoid the playoff altogether!

6. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Im looking forward to this game too, its a massive game for the top. You already have a good squad but I think you're missing a few quality players. Its shame that you cant get Fabregas. I remember watching that champions league game against Real Madrid with my mate (man u fan), he got really mad with that red card haha.*

Selling him to Arsenal would be a massive mistake because they are already a rival to you for that 4th spot. Yh he is very controversial, I didnt get why he bit Ivanovic. Whats your opinion on Brendon Rogders as manager? I think he is the right manager for you.

The Championship is a very close league, especially this season which will be very tight at the top. I reckon Forest to go up but im not sure about who will get second or win the play offs just yet.