1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lay Down Beside Me (no, not really)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by davo-man, Feb 17, 2007.

1. davo-man

Hi everyone...sorry to bother you but theres this song that plays on the PA at my work and i LOVE it but i cannot find it anywhere so i was wondering if you guys might be able to help....the chorus has "lay down beside me" as the main bit and its sung by a man/group with male lead...the singer kinda sounds like james blunt but a bit lower...i would love you forever if you helped me with this one and whoever finds it will forever be in my debt....thanx in advance...

(ps. i usually wouldnt make a request and anoy ppl in this way but you dont understand how much i love this song and if anyone needs any help identifying songs dont hesitate to PM me)

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Paolo Nutini - Last Request

by chance?

3. LorenzG1950

Take a bet it's "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. The song and video just blew me away.:thumbsup:

4. Micah

next time it plays, write down the lyrics and just google them :slight_smile: works for me!

5. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    to be honest lorenz I don't think snow patrol sound anything like james blunt and the words on chasing cards are "would you lie with me and just forget the world" and not "lay down beside me" as last request by paolo nutini does.

And Dave that's excatly what I did. Although I already have both songs on my ipod, i'm not that good that i can remember off by heart all the lyrics. So typing something like 'lyrics: lay down beside me' produced what I think it the best answer.

So lorenz we're awaiting davo-man's answer :wink:

6. LorenzG1950

OK Jamie, you're probably right :dry: . At least i got some product placement in for Snow Patrol. I like Nutini's song too. In Germany they are comparing him to a young Joe Cocker which I think is pretty far-fetched. Nutini is much better.

I'm probably gonna buy the Nutini CD tonight (since I already have Snow Patrol). :icon_bigg

7. TriBi

Your other option would be to look on a specific "lyric search" site.

I just typed "search music lyrics" into Google and it brought up a host of sites.

I checked a couple that appeared to allow searches on random "excerpts" of lyrics, typed in "lay down beside me" and I got these:
    http://lyrics-search-engine.allthelyrics.com/lyrics-search.html?q=lay+down+beside+me
    http://www.google.com/custom?domain...pix.gif;S:http://www.lyred.com;FORID:1;&hl=en

...so I guess you could have a look, try the same, etc.

Then if something looks like it seems right, you could see if you can find a sound clip of it.

Just a thought...:wink:

8. tired_of_lying411

*psst!*
    amazon usually has sound clips! :thumbsup:

Goodluck!

9. davo-man

THANKYOU SO MUCH.....the one i was heard was Last Request by Nutini....You guys are the best....btw i love chasing carrs as well but on that album i reckon Set Fire to the Third bar is the best....if anyone ever needs help identifying a song, dont hesitate to PM me and i promise i will try to help...once again thankyou guys......