1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Deck Building Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sinopaa, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You read that right, it's a Resident Evil Card Game.

Ok, I know what you're probably thinking. "Wait, how is this a thing? You can't make a card game scary.". Well, I thought the same thing at first too. So I bought the base game and while it's not super scary it does a really good job of emulating the tension of the games. Outside of the base game there's 4 expansion sets called Alliance, Outbreak, Nightmare, and Mercenaries that all have their own special theme. Mercenaries introduces a customizable skill system that can be used in conjunction with your characters specialties, while Outbreak has you slowly turning into a zombie and rushing for a cure while trying to fight your enemies. The games cover everything from Resident Evil 1-5 with its monsters, characters, and weapons and does a really great job with its presentation.

Me and my friends have had to tweak the rules some (like forcing entry into the mansion after so many turns), but outside of that it's fairly easy to understand and a blast to play. What I liked about this over other DBGs is that everything comes in the sets; there isn't any side packs or specialty cards you have to buy to gain an advantage. That and it isn't always the biggest or strongest hand that wins the game. A lot of strategy needs to be used in how you build your deck to best utilize your characters talents and actions. I had one game where my deck was literally just 16 cards compared to my friends 40. He had hoarded a ton of ammo and the strongest guns, but his deck was so cluttered that it was difficult for him to effectively attack anything. A lot of his turns were spent holding useless hands. I ended up killing more than him by working my deck into allowing me to run a specialty shotgun/Incendiary Grenade strategy.

Well, I guess that enough of me advertising the game. :lol: Has anyone else ever heard or played this DBG series before? :3

2. Fairylink

I hadn't heard of this until this thread. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun. My only problem would be people to play it with lol.

3. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's kinda my problem. XP Most of my friends are into more mainstream stuff like Magic. Though after much begging I have managed to sway a few of them into playing this. :3

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

That looks fucking awesome. Though I'm the person who buys cards because of aesthetics and collecting, not necessarily bothering to learn how to actually play the game, but this one has me intrigued.