1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dekenkaru, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Dekenkaru

Dekenkaru Guest

So what does everyone think of Disney taking over Star Wars?
    Do you think they'll ruin it or not?
    Do you think the storyline will be as good/worse/better?

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Despite Disney's Pandering towards the "TWEEN" market; I think they make some pretty solid films. John Carter was a great example of what they could do with Star Wars and what they are willing to do and can do within family oriented means. So basically; they were the best and most obvious choice. (there are 4 Lucasfilm themed rides at two different Disney Theme parks with their own gift shops that sold Lucasfilm related merch; Disney practically had Star Wars in their grasps.)

3. Holly

I'm not really going to pass judgement on it to be honest, at least not until I see actually see it. It could be shockingly bad, or amazingly good... I hope they don't massively change it, or try to add their only stupid twist on it...

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

As long as they don't include a lightsaber fight between Daffy Duck and Micky Mouse, I dont really mind what they do. The original three will always be the best star wars films.

5. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think they´re going to do a good job, Im really optimistic. Selling the franchise to Disney was the best thing Lucas made, he practically immortalized Star Wars

6. lukeluvznicki13

I hope like hell that it isn't a "they all lived happily ever after" type of thing.
    I can imagine disney messing it up and the sith turn good and life in the galaxy is all dandy and that.
    I just hope all goes well and that they actually make proper Star Wars movies.

7. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see why people are angry at it being Disney in particular. Be angry if you don't think it should be revived by other people, but Disney make a shit ton of great movies, including Pirates of the Carribean, which can be really gritty at times.

I can't say anything about it's quality until I've seen it.

8. Connor22

The Avengers.

That is all.

9. Daguerreo

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's some Kingdom Hearts shit right there! XD Would still watch!

Hm, I really don't think they'll ruin the franchise and even if we will always have 4,5 & 6
    But let's hope for a positive outcome for the new Star Wars franchise

10. Dented

Exactly. I've been using that argument ever since the new films were announced. Works well.

11. person57

Does this mean if a new Kingdom Hearts game comes out, the Star Wars characters will be in it? XD

12. Stripe101

I think it will be good. What pisses me off though is that they shut down LucasArts.

13. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Why did you bring that up? :icon_sad:

14. Munyal

I don't even know when the new movie will be set. All of the (approximately) next 100 years are filled with books and such.

15. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

I think those books are probably going to be taken out of the Star Wars canon. It's unfortunate because, while a lot of the earlier EU books were low quality, there is some excellent material stuck in there - most notably anything written by Timothy Zahn. I wish they would at least try to incorporate his work, as his books are all amazing. I would love to see Mara Jade show up.

16. Praetor

I'm probably asking for a terrible new set of movies by stating this, but I don't see how they can do worse than the prequels: the ridiculously awful dialog, Jar Jar Binks, that child actor who was Anakin in episode 1, the incredibly swiss and cheddar filled romance between Anakin and Padme, the needlessly overlong pseudo-intellectual political debates which were neither very intellectual nor original or even particularly interesting, and the multiple lingering plot holes, among other things.

I'm sure JJ Abrams and a huge whopping budget from the Disney monolith will provide at the very least some good action scenes.

17. Porphyrogenitus

Yeah, definitely. I mean, the 'Thrawn Trilogy' is known as the 'unofficial Episodes VII, VIII and IX'... I know a lot of the EU fandom would be thrilled if at least some element of them went into the new movies. Though Zahn has stated he hasn't been contacted at all.

18. LigLog

Well Star Wars has already been :***: up once by the last three films so why not :***: it up again? :tears:

19. Stephany

I don't think it has been "ruined". George Lucas was telling his story and everyone freaked out on him. It's his story to tell, how he wants to. Now since Disney was passed the torch, well see what happens. But I can't stand how fans screamed "make us more, make us more" and then turned on George Lucas with what they were given. If the original 3 that were made were to be released today, they would be panned as crap. It is all the lucky strike of the right time, right place, right fan base.

I am looking forward to it, I enjoy the story. I don't go into them with a check list of what I can complain about.

20. LigLog

I don't agree at all. The original Star Wars films are just as popular today as they ever were and are still gaining fans and even the new fans prefer the old trilogy over the new. Also fans didn't really 'turn on' George Lucas nor did they nag him into making more. As you say yourself it was in the pipeline all along. I just think he made a boo-boo with them and the majority of fans know it.